Low VIN capable 5A DC/DC converter generates positive or negative voltage
Linear Technology Corp. announces the LT3959, a highly versatile DC/DC converter for boost, SEPIC and inverting power supply applications. This device operates over an input voltage range of 2.5 V to 40 V, has an onboard 6A/40 V power switch and achieves efficiencies up to 96%, making it well suited for industrial, automotive, medical and telecom applications.
The LT3959 can generate either positive or negative regulated output voltage with its two internal voltage feedback error amplifiers and reference voltages. One set is for positive output voltages and the other is for negative output voltages, both off a single feedback pin. With a programmable fixed or synchronizable operating frequency from 100 kHz to 1 MHz, designers can choose a wide range of inductors and capacitors to optimize size, performance and cost. The LT3959’s current-mode control results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. The device supports designs using only ceramic capacitors, enabling a smaller solution size. Additional features include programmable soft-start, adjustable input undervoltage lockout and a power good pin.
The LT3959 operates from a -40 to 125°C temperature range and is available in a 5 mm x 6 mm QFN-36 package. The 1000-piece price starts at $3.05 each. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT3959.
Summary of Features: LT3959
- For boost, SEPIC & inverting applications
- Wide input operating Voltage: 2.5 V to 40 V
- Onboard 6A/40V power switch
- Positive or negative output voltage setting with a single feedback pin
- Selectable fixed 100 kHz to 1 MHz operating frequency
- Synchronizable to an external clock
- Programmable soft-start
- True current-mode control
- Output overvoltage & overcurrent protection
- Programmable input undervoltage lockout with hysteresis
See more from us in our Buyers Guide directory listing.