At IMS2023, Analog Devices will demonstrate how its RF solutions enable companies to develop disruptive technologies in instrumentation, communications, industrial, and aerospace applications by accelerating innovation, enhancing reliability as well as reducing complexity and footprint in RFIC designs. ADI at IMS2023 highlights include:
Select ADI Demos
- Advancing High-Speed Test Productivity Using MEMS Switches—Learn how to maximize IC test environment productivity metrics using ADI’s ADGM1001 and ADGM1144 MEMS switches on an automated test equipment (ATE) load board. ADI’s MEMS switch technology delivers step change improvements in ATE Capacity, Consistency and Capability. Capacity: Doubles the number of devices under test with a single insertion test solution. Consistency: 10x longer switching lifetime. Capability: Future-proofed platforms that support next-generation higher speed testing with ready-to-go optimized switch configurations.
- Low SWaP Wideband 0.5 to 55 GHz Signal Chain—Analog Devices’ RF Front End (RFFE) allows signal conditioning of frequency spectrum covering 0.5 to 55 GHz for use with next-generation data converters. This RFFE is designed to optimize size while maintaining a very high level of performance with the ability to quickly reconfigure based on the dynamic environment it is operating in. Featured in this demo are products developed using System-In-Package technology as well as highly integrated RFIC components with integrated tunable filters, image reject mixers, high IP2 linearity amplifiers and a data converter sampling at 20 GSPS with a very wide analog bandwidth. ADI's LTpowerPlay® provides control and monitoring of power supply voltage, current, power and energy use, sequencing, margining and black box fault log data.
- O-RAN Compliant 28G mmW 5G RU Platform—Witness how ADI’s mmWave array offerings provide up to 25 percent efficiency improvement compared to competing solutions. This enables a lighter, smaller radio delivering additional coverage, and makes possible operator CapEx and OpEx savings for more efficient FR2 deployment in macro and small cell/indoor use cases. A single vendor IC and array solution reduces time to market and de-risks customer deployments by leveraging proven IP for first pass success.
- SOI switches from 0 Hz to 90GHz–-Explore ADI’s flip-chip, DC and RF switches as well as digital attenuators. These products exemplify ADI’s focus on offering high performance products that enable emerging standards.
- Embedded PA Characterization in a ADRV9040 Setup—Witness non-linear PA characterization with ADI’s ADRV9040 transceiver. This includes CW, two-tone, and modulated signal power sweep tests to help customers extract and correlate the PA characteristics to DPD performance and measure DPD metrics.
- Small Form Factor, 20 GHz, 8-port Vector Network Analyzer—ADI's compact, low power 8-port network analyzer solution is built around our new ADL5960 integrated vector analyzer front end. The solution supports 10 MHz to 20 GHz S-parameter measurements. The compact form factor makes it suitable to integrate into larger test systems used for RF characterization, structural analysis and many more.
- GaN Power Amplifiers & Safe Biasing—Learn about ADI’s newest GaN PA offerings and how ADI's power management solutions can be used to provide safe, fast biasing for radar applications.
- Low Noise μModule Regulators for RF Applications—Explore ADI's low EMI Silent Switcher μModule® regulators that include single, dual and quad output, as well as a dual LDO output μModule regulator powered by an integrated EMI barrier and Silent Switcher switching regulator. The Silent Switcher architecture and ultra-high PSRR LDO technology reduce filters and LDOs on a PCB without decreasing system performance.
- ADRV9001 80 MHz Bandwidth Spectrum Display—The ADRV9002/4 has a maximum instantaneous receive bandwidth of 40 MHz on each of two channels. This application example utilizes the dual-channel capabilities of the ADRV9002/4 to present a combined 80 MHz spectrum output by intelligently combining the precisely offset filtered and phase synchronized channels into an aggregate bandwidth using the Vanteon vProtean Software Defined Radio. A typical use case for this application is signal intelligence where a wideband signal of up to 80 MHz of bandwidth can be captured and characterized using a single ADRV9002/4. This can also be scaled to even wider bandwidths using multiple vProtean SDRs that are synchronized together using the Multichip Synchronization feature.
- RF Signal Chain Simulation—Witness ADI's advances in developing advanced simulation models for RF components such as RF amplifiers, RF mixers, RF switches and beamformer ICs. We now have Genesys and SystemVue simulation models for beamformers along with an expanded library of simulation models for amplifiers, mixers and RF switches.
- 24 GHz eadar signal chain demo using TinyRAD--Explore a 24GHz radar signal chain featuring object detection using TinyRAD’s small form factor solution. Also highlighted are signal chain solutions that use direct digital synthesis (DDS) to generate faster ramps.
- Complete Ka-Band Dual-Beam Rx Phased Array Antenna—Observe a 256 element array using ADI’s ADAR3002 beamformer and ADAR5000. The ADAR3002 is a dual-beam/4 element/dual polarization beamformer IC with industry leading power dissipation (< 350 mW). The ADAR5000 is one of the smallest 1x4 wilkinson splitter/combiners on the market that can fit within the lattice pitch of a Ka-band array. This demo is based on an actual antenna for SATCOM applications.
- Emerging Technology Trends and Markets Bryan Goldstein, vice president, aerospace & defense, Analog Devices Tuesday, June 13, 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM MicroApps Theatre.
- Larry Hawkins, Ed Woytaszek, Jon Hall, Erkan Acar (Analog Devices/Richardson RFPD): “01-20 GHz Small Form Factor Multiport Network Analyzer Design Accelerators” on Tuesday, June 13 from 10:10 AM – 11:50 AM.
- Noam Levine, Babak Memarzadeh, Vishwanath Iyer, Travis Collins, Jon Kraft (Analog Devices/MathWorks) “Phased Array System Modeling and Design using MATLAB and Analog Devices Hardware” on Wednesday, June 14 from 1:30 PM – 3:10 PM.
- Murthy Upmaka, Sam Ringwood (Analog Devices/Keysight Technologies) “Building a Hybrid Beamforming Digital Twin of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Hardware Using Commercially Available EDA Software” on Wednesday, June 14 from 3:40 PM – 5:20 PM.
- Larry Hawkins, Bernard Gobeil, Jon Hall, Bhavin Shah, Mark Damato (Analog Devices, Richardson RFPD, SignalCraft Technologies): “DC-44 GHz Wireless Test System Design Accelerator Blocks for Wireless Test Systems” on Wednesday, June 14 from 3:40 PM – 5:20 PM. MicroApps
- Robert Dandaraw, RF-Sampling MxFE for Multi-function use in EW, Radar, Comms and Instrumentation on Tuesday, June 13 from 11:00 AM – 11:15 AM.
- Mike Jones, 16-Channel Transmit, 16-Channel Receive Direct X-Band Sampling Phased Array Development Platform on Tuesday, June 13 from 1:00 PM – 1:15 PM.
- Jon Kraft, Rapid Phased Array Prototyping: Crawl -> Walk -> Run on Thursday, June 15 from 11:45 AM – 12:00 PM.
- “Future Trends in Cellular Infrastructure and Radio Technology for Sustainable Networks” Authors: Kevin Chuang, Yektaii Hossein, Noureddine Outaleb (Analog Devices) on Tuesday, June 13 from 10:10 AM – 10:30 AM.