EDI CON China 2018, a conference and exhibition that brings together engineers working on high-frequency analog and high speed digital designs, taking place March 20-22, 2018 at the China National Convention Center, announces the lineup for its plenary keynote sessions at this year’s event. EDI CON China 2018 will feature two plenary keynote sessions, one with industry experts focusing on 5G on March 20 at 9:30 AM and one with leading experts focusing on innovation on March 21 at 9:30 AM.
Plenary Keynote Session: Focus on 5G - Tuesday, March 20 9:30-11 AM, Auditorium
- “IMT-2020 (5G) Standardization Process,” by Dr. Ying Peng, DaTang, Senior Standardization Expert, Telecommunication Technology & Industry Holding Co. Ltd (CATT)
- Dr. Ying Peng will discuss the ITU’s work in developing the standards for IMT-2020, including the associated spectrum management and spectrum identification aspects.
- “Embracing Over-The-Air (OTA) Testing—A challenge or an opportunity for 5G,” by Giampaolo Tardioli, VP of Network Access, Keysight Technologies
- This talk will discuss how engineers can respond to the challenges they are facing in over-the-air testing as it relates to 5G.
- “T&M Challenges and Current Developments for 5G Testing in a Future Networked World,” by Christoph Pointner, VP Signal Generators, Audio Analyzers and Power Meters, Rohde & Schwarz
- This presentation shows available T&M capabilities as well as different approaches to overcome challenges. It also provides an overview of measurement results for different DUTs, like a sub 6-GHz massive MIMO base-station antenna, and a flexible design of an antenna array that can be used across different applications.
- “A Platform based Approach to 5G: Design, Prototyping and Test,” by Luke Schreier, VP Automated Test Marketing, National Instruments
- This presentation will address test challenges, how tests are matched to standards, and how we can look to the past and apply systems-thinking to a connected world from beam steering, synchronization, to lowering the cost of mmWave measurement.
Plenary Keynote Session: Focus on Innovation - Wednesday, March 21 9:30-10:30 AM, 402 A/B
- “Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Wireless Communication Industry,” by Dr. Gordon GC Liang, President & CEO, Pivotone
- In this talk, Dr. Liang will share his observations on technology advancement and how to meet the challenges and the opportunities that result. He will also talk about how entrepreneurship can help build companies in this dynamic world of wireless technology and business challenges.
- “Solid State RF Energy is the Smart Technology Solution for 2018,” by Dr. Klaus Werner, Executive Director, RF Energy Alliance
- Cooking applications are just the beginning, as the benefits of solid-state RF energy (SSRFR) technology are being realized in other industries such as lighting, medical and automotive. In this keynote talk, Dr. Werner will address the emerging technology trends that will shape the solid-state RF energy market in 2018.
- “The Advantages of Using Multiple Satellite Navigation Systems,” by Rainer Horn, Managing Partner, Space-Tech Partners
- Satellite navigation, originally designed for defense purposes, has become the backbone of a growing multi-billion dollar industry. Only 15 years ago, a hybrid receiver, able to receive and process the signals of more than one system, was a large, heavy and expensive unit, nowadays GNSS chip manufacturers are starting to have 3 to 4 GNSS enabled while maintaining low cost, low mass and low power consumption. This presentation will address the advantages and disadvantages of multiple GNSS operating in the same frequency bands.
Full abstracts, speaker biographies and photographs are available here.
In addition to its extensive exhibition and plenary keynote talks, EDI CON China 2018 includes technical conference sessions as well as workshops, panels, poster sessions and demonstrations from industry leading exhibitors in the RF, microwave and high speed digital industries. Technical program talks will be given in English and Chinese, and the event will provide real-time transition into Chinese for English talks.
More information on EDI CON China, including registration, the technical program and venue/hotel information, can be found at www.ediconchina.com.