Linear Technology Corp. introduces the LTC2873, an RS485/RS232 multiprotocol transceiver in a small 20 mm² package. The LTC2873 integrates all the functions necessary to provide the most compact multiprotocol IC available today. Supporting ±26 kV HBM ESD bus protection, the LTC2873 provides a robust software-selectable interface for 3 to 5.5 V systems. A simple logic interface, supporting voltages as low as 1.7 V, enables reconfiguration of shared bus lines as either one RS232 single-ended transceiver or one half-duplex RS485 differential transceiver.
Additionally, an integrated DC/DC boost controller and pin-controlled RS485 integrated termination resistor eliminate the need for costly and space-consuming external circuitry. Multiprotocol transceivers such as the LTC2873 are widely used in single point-of-sale terminals, security cameras, traffic control and industrial automation for their flexibility in supporting these commonly used interface standards.
The LTC2873 is offered in commercial, industrial and automotive versions, supporting operating temperature ranges from 0°C to 70°C, -40°C to 85°C and -40°C to 125°C, respectively. The LTC2873 is available in a RoHS compliant 24-pin 4mm x 5mm QFN package. Pricing starts at $4.45 each in 1,000-piece quantities. Please visit www.linear.com/product/LTC2873 for product selection and information.
Summary of Features: LTC2873
- 3V to 5.5V Supply Voltage Range
- One RS485 & One RS232 Transceiver
- 20Mbps RS485 & Selectable 1Mbps or 250kbps RS232
- Automatic Selection of Integrated RS485 (120Ω) & RS232 (5kΩ)Termination Resistors
- Logic Loopback Mode
- High ESD: ±26kV on Line I/O; ±4kV on All Other Pins
- 1.7V to 5.5V Logic Interface
- Supports up to 256 RS485 Nodes
- Full Failsafe RS485 Receiver Eliminates UART Lockup
- 24-Pin 4mm x 5mm QFN Package
The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.