- Buyers Guide
The Tektronix MDO4000B series of mixed domain oscilloscopes now features significantly enhanced spectrum analyzer performance and, when used with Tektronix
SignalVu-PC, the widest bandwidth vector signal analysis capability and deep support for WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/j/n/p/ac testing.
The Tektronix mixed domain oscilloscopes are the only oscilloscope with an integrated spectrum analyzer that can capture time-correlated analog, digital and RF signals for a complete system view of a user’s device. At its core, a mixed domain oscilloscope combines the functionality of Tektronix’ popular mixed signal oscilloscopes (MSO) with a powerful spectrum analyzer in a single instrument. With the introduction of the MDO4000B, Tektronix has significantly enhanced the performance of the MDO’s spectrum analyzer compared to the original MDO4000 instruments. These enhancements include the following:
- Spurious Free Dynamic Range (SFDR) has improved to 60 dBc guaranteed and 65 dBc typical (from 55/60 typical) giving users higher confidence while performing spurious searches.
- Phase noise performance has improved as much as 20 dB enabling close-in spurious measurements and phase noise evaluation.
- Vector calibrated I&Q data enable high-accuracy modulation and vector measurements.
- Maximum RF acquisition time has been doubled from 79 to 158 ms enabling longer time correlation with the rest of the system as well as the capture and analysis of multiple bursts of modulated data.
- Lower frequency limit has dropped from 50 to 9 kHz enabling EMI diagnostics over the frequency range specified by internal regulations.
When used with SignalVu-PC vector signal analysis (VSA) software, the MDO4000B offers the industry’s widest bandwidth (≥1 GHz) vector signal analyzer, making this combination well-suited for such RF test and measurement tasks as general modulation analysis, pulse analysis, frequency and phase settling, radar and spectrum management.