- Buyers Guide
RFMD’s RFHA1003 GaN Power IC (PIC) is a wideband power amplifier designed for continuous wave and pulsed applications such as military communications, electronic warfare, wireless infrastructure, radar, two-way radios and general purpose amplification.
Using an advanced high power density Gallium Nitride (GaN) semiconductor process, this high performance amplifier achieves high efficiency, flat gain and power over a large instantaneous bandwidth in a single amplifier design. This GaN discrete amplifier are 50Ω input-matchedpackaged in a small form factor 5 x 6 mm SOIC-8 outline air cavity ceramic package that provides excellent thermal stability through the use of advanced heat sink and power dissipation technologies.
Ease of integration is accomplished through the incorporation of optimized input matching network within the package that provides wideband gain and power performance in a single amplifier. An external output match offers the flexibility of further optimizing power and efficiency for any sub-band within the overall bandwidth.
• Advanced GaN HEMT and Heat Sink Technology
• Input Internally Matched to 50 Ω
• 28 V Operation, Output Power of 9 W
• 30 to 512 MHz Instantaneous Bandwidth
• Gain: 19 dB
• Power Added Efficiency: 70 percent
• Large-Signal Models Available
• EAR99 export control
• Milcom, Public Mobile Radio
• Electronic Warfare
• Power Amplifier Stage for Commercial Wireless Infrastructure
• Civilian and Military Radar
•General Purpose Tx Amplification