- Buyers Guide
IMS 2011 MicroApps: A Perfect Match
The Microwave Application & Product Seminars (MicroApps) portion of IMS 2011 is a series of brief technical presentations featuring new technologies and special capabilities of exhibiting organizations. The talks will be approximately 20 minutes in length and open to all conference and exhibit attendees without additional charge. MicroApps is distinct from the IEEE technical sessions, but complementary in its application-centric treatment of a variety of engineering topics of interest to the microwave community. The seminar series will be held in Booth #413 from June 7 to 9, starting at 9:30 AM on Tuesday and Wednesday and at 9:10 AM on Thursday. Attendees will receive a free CD-ROM collection of all three days of presentations.
The MicroApps program serves as a forum for exhibitors to describe state-of-the-art products and processes, including noteworthy components, emerging technologies, and novel techniques for manufacturing and design. Organizationally, presentations have been divided into seven topic categories:
- 'Calibration, Testing and Measurements
- Manufacturing and Processes
- Materials and Components
- Semiconductors and Modeling
- Terahertz Devices
The 2011 program offers 55 presentations on recent hardware and software developments from roughly 25 organizations around the globe. Along with North America, Europe is particularly well represented this year. Multiple first-time presenters help substantiate that Baltimore is fulfilling the hope and promise expressed by “A Perfect Match” as theme.
This year’s highlights include an emerging technology panel session and a keynote presentation by industry leader John Ocampo, both on Wednesday.
- Expert Panel – Nonlinear Characterization: This panel discussion of nonlinear measurements will cover the latest advances in device characterization and simulation. The session will be held on Wednesday from 12:00 until 1:30 PM during the technical session lunch break. This session is organized by Microwave Journal and will be featured in a simultaneous webcast for audiences not attending IMS. Both live and web-based audiences will be able to participate in the Q&A following the invited speaker presentations. The event will also be video recorded by IEEE.TV. The session will be available for viewing on both the MWJ and IEEE.TV websites. This event is sponsored by the leaders in RF/microwave nonlinear test equipment—Agilent, Anritsu, Rohde & Schwarz/NMDG and Tektronix/Mesuro.
- Industry Keynote Address – “What Makes Successful Mergers?”: This year’s keynote speaker will be John Ocampo, Chairman of the Board of M/A-COM Technology Solutions. The talk begins on Wednesday at 5:00 PM during the “open exhibition” reception hour. The session will be videotaped by IEEE.TV and available on the IEEE.TV website for future viewing.
Agilent Technologies is this year’s MicroApps sponsor, and the presentation CD will be available for free, thanks to the sponsorship of AWR. MicroApps will be conveniently located in the midst of the exhibits at Booth #413. The complete and up-to-date MicroApps session schedule can be found in the IMS 2011 program book or online.
Join us for MicroApps at Booth #413. We look forward to seeing you there!