RF & Microwave Industry News

A Microwave Journey, Part III: The 1970s

This series looks at the past five decades of our industry as described in this magazine. In this third installment of our six-part series, we focus on the 1970s, the decade of Watergate, a gas crisis, Americans held hostage in Iran... ah, yes, good times. At least we had...
Read More

Then: Flight Into the European Market

Last June I spent a week and a half in Europe visiting Sweden, England and Italy. Bill Bazzy and I started the trip together; however, except for two days in Sweden and a day in Rome we went our separate ways. Sweden In Sweden I spent a good deal...
Read More

European Microwave Exhibition 2008

The following list is complete at the time of going to press. ABF Elettronica SRL — 1015 ACAL Technology — 205 Acceleware Corp. — 1011 Actipass Co. Ltd. — 1215 Advanced Control Components Inc. — 1203 Advantage Business Media — PubCorner Aeroflex — 514 AFT Microwave GmbH — 1416...
Read More

An Innovative And Integrated Approach to III-V Circuit Design

In wireless handset design, specifically power amplifiers (PA), there is constant pressure to improve time-to-market while maintaining high yields. To meet these demands, designers need to evaluate current design practices and identify areas for improvement. Presently, most PA designers spend a great deal of time bench-tuning to optimize circuits....
Read More