Richardson RFPD Inc. announced the availability of a new solid state high-power amplifier from Empower RF Systems Inc.
The 1205/BBM3K5OEL is suitable for broadband mobile jamming, communications, general test and band-specific applications from 500 to 2700 MHz. This compact module utilizes high-power advanced GaN devices that provide excellent power density, high efficiency, wide dynamic range and low distortion. Exceptional performance, long-term reliability and high efficiency are achieved by employing advanced broadband RF matching networks and combining techniques, EMI/RFI filters, machined housings and qualified components.
The new amplifier features instantaneous ultra-broadband performance, as well as built-in control, monitoring and protection circuits.
Additional key features of the 1205/BBM3K5OEL include:
- Operating frequency range: 500 to 2700 MHz
- Power output CW (Psat): 30 W
- Power output at 1 dB gain compression (P1dB): 20 W
- Small signal gain: 48 dB
- Small signal gain flatness (Pin = -20 dBm): +/-1.0 dB
- Operating voltage: 28 V
- 50 ohm input/output impedance
- Dimensions: 6 in. x 3 in. x 1 in.