Averna, an industry-leading developer of test solutions and services for communications and electronics device-makers worldwide, announced the industry’s first DOCSIS 3.1 protocol analysis solution.
Developed with major industry players and designed for both DOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1, the Averna DP-1000 Protocol Analyzer is used to analyze, debug, maintain and monitor local networks and Internet connections. Multiple systems operators (MSOs), chipset manufacturers, product developers and certifications bodies can use it to quickly find and correct trouble spots in order to maintain the highest quality of service possible.
Optimized for real-time signal processing with FPGA technology, the DP-1000 analyzes up to 32 x 8 single or bonded US/DS channels (DOCSIS 3.0) and 2 x 1 OFDM US/DS channels (DOCSIS 3.1), and includes numerous channel-filtering, demodulation, triggering, display and upgrade features.
As a passive sniffer between CMTS and CPE devices, the DP-1000 silently captures and filters DOCSIS MAC-layer data in real-time to verify RF parameters, validate MAC-level communication, troubleshoot interoperability issues, and improve network performance.
- Supports both DOCSIS 3.0 and 3.1 protocols through FPGA-based signal processing
- Input DS frequency range of 5 MHz to 1.8 GHz (5 to 200 MHz US), and resolution of 1 MHz
- Up to 7 acquisition cards of 200 MHz bandwidth each (5 DS, 1 US and 1 additional US or DS)
- Contained in a single, 19" (48 cm), 4U rack for minimal footprint (60 lbs/27 kg)
- FPGA-based architecture is highly flexible, configurable, upgradable and extendable
- Many channel-filtering and display features like placement, burst, constellation, and spectrum
“DOCSIS 3.1’s higher bandwidth and higher-speed data communication capabilities will open up new doors for MSOs in a number of areas, including business services, Over The Top (OTT) video, 4K video, and 3DTV,” commented Alex Pelland, Director of Broadband Test Strategy for Averna. “As providers begin evaluating D3.1 equipment, they also need to consider the best test tools required to troubleshoot communication issues. Averna’s DP-1000 Protocol Analyzer is designed to handle both new D3.1 challenges as well as current D3.0 deployments, and help providers maintain their networks with the highest quality of service.”
The DP-1000 DOCSIS 3.1 Protocol Analyzer is available now for customers worldwide. Please contact Averna at email@example.com for details or visit the DP-1000 product page.or www.averna.com.