Technical Education Webinar Series
Title: The Importance of Impedance Control in PCB Design
Date: June 16, 2021
Time: 8am PT / 11am ET
Sponsored by: Sierra Circuits
Presented by: Amit Bahl, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sierra Circuits
PCB trace controlled impedance designing is the foundation of today’s high-frequency analog and high-speed digital applications. It ensures the propagation of signals without disturbance and distortion.
Undesirable controlled impedance design will lead to trace undercut, signal reflection, insertion loss, signal distortion, ground bounce, trace width and stack-up inconsistencies. For an efficient design, the designer should make sure that the manufacturer has the ability to provide the right pattern size, position, and tolerance.
In this webinar, you will be learning:
- Why controlled impedance matters
- Computing controlled impedance for single-ended trace and differential pair/microstrip or stripline
- Criticality of stack-up design for controlled impedance
- Significance of trace dimension and dielectric material in controlled impedance
- Assessing effective dielectric constant when selecting material for controlled impedance
- How signal integrity hinges on the controlled impedance
- Trace spanning strategies for controlled impedance design
- What to include in your fab notes
- How Sierra Circuits checks for controlled impedance
PCB designers strive to eliminate impedance variations to preserve signal integrity. This webinar highlights the importance of controlled impedance in modern PCB designs and the various design parameters that need to be considered.
Who should watch this webinar?
Test engineers, PCB layout designers, SoC and electronics engineers, hardware engineers, embedded engineers and signal integrity engineers will find this webinar knowledgeable.
has been in the PCB industry for 20 years. He is the Director of Sales and Marketing at Sierra Circuits. His passion is to empower tech companies to achieve their visions and change the world. Rockets going into space, self-driving cars taking up the streets, cancer-fighting medical devices, protecting the country, he’s ready to build any circuit board!
By registering for this webinar, the details of your profile may be used by Microwave Journal®, the presenter and the sponsor to contact you by email.