We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Summary: This Electrical Engineer MMIC V role can be in either Richardson, Tx or Forsyth, MO. Develop innovative, leading-edge GaN and GaAs-based Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMICs); provide technical expertise and guidance to engineering staff; act as technical contact between production and engineering; support bid and proposal efforts, customer interface and new product development; design architecture for highly-integrated MMICs and/or modules, proposal writing, develop budgets and schedules; hold design reviews for multiple programs; apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in advanced compound semiconductor technologies such as GaN, and/or GaAs.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in MMIC design experience in designing Microwave/Millimeter-wave power amplifiers, low-noise amplifiers, phase shifter or attenuator MMICs and/or hybrid-based components.
- Expert understanding of FET theory and characteristics
- Proficient user of microwave and EM simulation tools such as NI AWR Microwave Office or ADS required.
- Expert understanding of microwave measurements and calibration methods: S-parameters, power, efficiency, source/load pull, noise figure, linearity and intermodulation distortion.
- Time Management & Organizational skills: adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to focus on task at hand and meet expected time completion (ETC); ability to keep an organized work station and materials.
- Excellence behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) or PhD in EE preferred.Fifteen
- (15) or more years of experience in advanced compound semiconductor technologies such as GaN, and/or GaAs.
- DOD work experience
Interested in learning more? Submit an application by following this link to our career site: Electrical Engineer, MMIC or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions