4G/5G/Cellular

MWC19

MWC 2019 Recap: 5G is here!

Every year at the end February, we make our annual pilgrimage to Barcelona, Spain for the world’s largest wireless conference, the Mobile World Congress.  The shear scale of the conference can be overwhelming with all wireless companies demonstrating the latest technologies, outlining future directions, and of course showcasing the latest wireless products.  I just returned from Barcelona and MWC 2019, and here are some thoughts.

Read More
MWC19

MWC19 – Barcelona Welcomes in the Era of 5G

The biggest hit at MWC19 was flexible display technology that was shown off in 2 foldable phones, the Samsung Galaxy Fold and Huawei Mate X, and in a wearable smartwatch phone from ZTE, the nubia Alpha. While 5G was everywhere (I don’t think I saw one booth that did not mention 5G), it is just emerging into the market but will certainly take off later this year. Nokia voiced this timing in their press conference saying that they expect the first half o 2019 to be somewhat slow with 5G taking off more quickly in the second half of this year. Read this thorough summary of the event.

Read More

5Gees from MWC19

Qorvo's Brent Dietz is back from Mobile World Congress — renamed MWC19 Barcelona — and shares his 5Gees about this year's upbeat and historic event.

Read More