Industry News

Accurate and Efficient Modeling of Meander-line Polarizers

The use of PMM version 4.0 software to model the parallel and perpendicular polarization susceptance of a polarizer
Accurate and Efficient Modeling of Meander-line Polarizers A meander-line polarizer is a passive broadband device used to convert the polarization properties of a wave. When designed properly, the polarizer permits a linear polarized antenna to propagate circular polarization without any significant variations in the pattern performance. Modeling of the...
Read More

A Microwave Analog Frequency Divider

A narrowband two-stage analog divide-by-four frequency divider that converts a 10 GHz input to 2.5 GHz
A Microwave Analog Frequency Divider Matjaz Vidmar Nova Gorica, Slovenia Many analog frequency divider circuits were invented during the age of the vacuum tube. Some of these circuits even survived the germanium transistor age, but most were forgotten following the availability of inexpensive monolithic digital ICs such as flip-flops...
Read More

Useful Filtering Techniques to Save Scarce Spectrum in Communications Systems

Filtering techniques that significantly reduce transmitted banwidth without losing the content of digital data
Useful Filtering Techniques to Save Scarce Spectrum in Communications Systems Helen Wright Hewlett-Packard Co., Microwave Instruments Division Santa Rosa, CA Most communications systems fall into one of three categories: those that are bandwidth efficient, power efficient or cost efficient. Bandwidth efficiency describes the ability of a modulation scheme to...
Read More

Around the Circuit

Around the Circuit INDUSTRY NEWS Plainview, NY-based Aeroflex Inc. has acquired 90 percent of the common stock of France-based Europtest S.A. for approximately $1.1 M. Aeroflex will purchase the remaining 10 percent of the company over a three-year period at prices to be determined based upon net sales of...
Read More


COMPONENTS GaAs MMIC SPST Switches The model AS123-12 GaAs MMIC SPST switch features high isolation of 45 dB at 0.9 GHz and 52 dB at 1.9 GHz as well as low insertion loss. The unit offers single positive control voltage and +5 V operation. When used with the company's...
Read More


ANTENNAS Cellular/GSM/ISM Dual Linear Antennas These cellular/GSM/ISM dual linear antennas feature a low profile design for minimum visual impact, making them suitable for discreet antenna installations. The units provide for simultaneous reception and transmission of both vertically and horizontally linearly polarized signals in the 824 to 896 GHz, 880...
Read More


AMPLIFIERS Solid-state Microwave Amplifier The model 100S1G4 solid-state microwave amplifier provides 100 W minimum power in the 0.8 to 4.2 GHz range, which is used often in PCS, broadcast communications and other handheld wireless test applications. Local and remote control of the unit is available through its digital control...
Read More

Test Equipment

TEST EQUIPMENT 10 MHz General-purpose Lab Pulse Generator The model AV-1030-C 200 ps rise time, 10 MHz user-friendly generator provides 0 to +/-5 V out (0.5, 1.5 and 5 V ranges) with pulse width variable from 5 ns to 1 ms and fall times of less than 300 ps....
Read More


DEVICES Small Silicon Bipolar Transistors The M03 series three-pin, flat lead packages are designed for the NPN series silicon transistors. The package has an overall footprint of 1.4 x 1.4 mm, which represents a size reduction of over 40 percent. Several low noise NPN silicon transistors with fTs of...
Read More


SOURCES 5 V VCO The model JTOS-3000P 2300 to 2600 MHz wideband VCO features linear tuning characteristics, low -112 dBc/Hz phase noise at 100 kHz offset and tuning voltage of 5 V (max). Power output is +11 dBm (typ) and harmonics are -22 dBc (typ). Operating at nominal power...
Read More