Industry News

2002 Editorial Index

ANTENNAS Chuang, Huey-Ru, Liang-Chen Kuo, Chi-Chang Lin and Wen-Tzu Chen "A 2.4 GHz Polarization-diversity Planar Printed Dipole Antenna for WLAN and Wireless Communication Applications," No. 6, p. 50. Gunnels, Robert "Axial Ratio Measurements of Single Circularly Polarized Antennas," No. 1, p. 124. Izadian, Jamal S. "QFHA Antennas for Satellite...
Read More

A Measurement-based Behavioral Model for I/Q RF Modulators

This article describes a nonlinear behavioral modeling technique for application to I/Q modulated communication channels. The model data was gathered by independent measurements of an I/Q modulator and amplifier, using vector signal generators and anal...
The W-CDMA standard expresses transmit quality in terms of EVM and ACLR, and receive quality in bit error ratio (BER). These quality measurements are simple scalar numbers representing a very complicated system. Modern communications channels (still) consist of a number of concatenated functions such as baseband (BB) processor, DAC,...
Read More

Raytheon Adds Reliability Engineering Consulting

Raytheon Co. is expanding its Reliability Analysis Laboratory (RAL) technical offerings with the incorporation of reliability engineering consulting services. Reliability is a core feature that can make or break the long term success of both products and companies. Design for Reliability (DFR) engineering tasks are just as important as...
Read More

Surrey Aids Nanotechnology Research with UHV STM/SEM

The University of Surrey's (Guildford, Surrey, England) acquisition of an Ultra High Vacuum Scanning Tunnelling Microscope/Scanning Electron Microscope (UHV STM/SEM) is being billed as a central figure to a £1.2 million future nanotechnology research project that is headed up by the institution's Professor of Solid-State Electronics, Ravi Silva. Built...
Read More