Industry News

Ask Harlan: December 16, 2003

ASK HARLAN YOUR RF & MICROWAVE TECH Q&A RESOURCE You may know Harlan Howe from his twelve years as publisher and editor of Microwave Journal ®, or from his 34 years as a Microwave design engineer and engineering manager, or from his service as an IEEE fellow and past...
Read More

Ask Harlan: January 13, 2004

Dear Khalid,

In my view, the hot topics are nanotechnology, continued compound semiconductor research and MEMS.

HARLAN HOWE Click here to submit your question to Harlan now . You may know Harlan Howe from his twelve years as publisher and editor of Microwave Journal ®, or from his 34 years as a Microwave design engineer and engineering manager, or from his service as an IEEE...
Read More

Automotive Industry Drives the RFID Market

Despite all the recent hype and excitement surrounding the introduction of radio frequency identification (RFID) technology in retail markets, the automotive industry will spend nearly thirty times more on the technology this year. Representing about half of the total RFID market, the auto industry is poised to spend about...
Read More

Consumer Telematics Must Return to Its Roots

The telematics industry must refocus its attention toward delivering vehicle-specific services if there is any hope of overcoming its current lull. With automakers facing daunting and unprecedented challenges in today’s market place, there is less room for error when launching a new telematics initiative, according to the findings of...
Read More

Dependency of IV Characteristics of a MESFET Device on Frequency and Electric Field

A new automated system for observing the dependence of the IV characteristics of GaAs MESFET devices on electric field, frequency and thermal effects is presented. The new procedure employs a pseudo-random pulse I/V measurement system. The results prov...
In this article, a new pulsed I/V measurement technique for observing the dependence of the IV characteristics of a MESFET device on frequency, electric field and self-heating effects is presented. The results obtained with the new procedure are compared with experimental data obtained with conventional pulsed and static IV...
Read More