Industry News

East Meets West

As I write this, I’ve just returned from the Asia Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC) in Yokohama, Japan. Having never been to Japan, this was a new experience for me. While I enjoyed the cultural differences that Japan offers, I was also struck by the similarities between East and West....
Read More

The Use of Broadband Military Antenna Technology in Modern Communications Systems

For many years, military applications have required broad bandwidth communication links, incorporating antennas that have a similar broadband capability. Often the antennas must operate over a frequency range of several octaves. Consequently, antenna structures that have multi-octave capability have been designed and manufactured and these techniques are now proving...
Read More

RFMD Introduces GaAs pHEMT RF Switches

RF Micro Devices Inc. , a leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance radio systems and solutions for applications that drive mobile communications, announced it will showcase its newest RF switches – the RF1200 and RF1450 – at the IEEE Radio and Wireless conference in Long Beach, CA,...
Read More

M/A-COM Introduces New Two-Watt Power Amplifier

M/A-COM , a business unit of Tyco Electronics and a provider of wireless radio frequency (RF), microwave and millimeter-wave components, announced the MAAP-007649-000100, a two-watt power amplifier for the 800 to 1000 MHz frequency band. The MAAP-007649-000100 design displays optimum performance for RFID reader applications, with greater than 1...
Read More

MicroMetrics Features High Power PIN Diodes

MicroMetrics , Londonderry, NH, is featuring high power PIN diodes at this year's IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium and Exhibition in Long Beach, CA. The structures consist of a P+ layer of carrier concentration >1020, an intrinsic layer >3000 ohm cm and a substrate >0.001 ohm/cm. The intrinsic layer...
Read More

RFMI Announces Initial Production Order From Fortune 500 Co.

RF Monolithics Inc. (RFM) announced that its subsidiary Cirronet Inc. received an initial production order as part of a wireless sensor network contract with an industrial original equipment manufacturer (OEM). The production order combined with its associated development contract represents approximately $500K cumulatively from this OEM customer, a Fortune...
Read More

ARFTG Explores Emerging Measurement Techniques

“Measurement for Emerging Technologies” was the theme of the ARFTG Microwave Measurement Symposium held November 28th to December 1st in Broomfield, CO. The symposium consisted of four events over four days: the NIST/ARFTG Microwave Measurement Short Course (all day Tuesday and Wednesday morning), a Nonlinear Measurement Workshop (Wednesday afternoon),...
Read More