Industry News

European Semiconductor Market

The March figures for semiconductor sales data have been better than expected. The European market did especially well with a 4.8% increase on a year over year base and in comparison with other regions. Sequentially, the first quarter was down 3.0%, which is in line with the historical pattern....
Read More

How Much GaAs Do You Own?

Recently I was asked, “How much GaAs do you own?” This may seem like a strange question and certainly one that I would not have even thought worthy of consideration as little as five years ago. If like me, you remember when the principal drivers for GaAs products were...
Read More

Intelligent Power Management: A Method to Improve 2G/3G Handset Talk Time

The increasing demand by users and operators for feature rich handsets continues to result in tougher demands on the handset designer in the area of current consumption. With the focus put on reducing this in every aspect of the design, the power...

In the typical GSM handset, the PA consumes approximately 40 percent of the energy stored in the battery during one discharge cycle. For this reason, the handset architect must use care in selecting a PA that will provide the most efficient means of generating the required transmitted RF power...
Read More

A Family of Silicon Carbide UHF Amplifiers

A new class of high power, broadband amplifiers has been developed to utilize the inherent advantages of silicon carbide (SiC). With instantaneous bandwidths of 200 MHz to 1 GHz and exceptional reliability, this new family of amplifiers is highly suited to several markets. In particular, its inherent ­reflected-power tolerance...
Read More

Catalog Update

Microwave Amplifier Brochure The microwave amplifier brochure from AR RF/Microwave Instrumentation features a wide range of microwave amplifiers.The brochure highlights the “S” series (1 to 800 W, 0.8 to 20 GHz) and TWT amplifier series (1 to 4000 W, 0.8 to 45 GHz). The brochure includes photographs, descriptions, specifications...
Read More