RF Module Winners in iPhone 4S
October 15, 2011
There are already teardowns of the iPhone 4S online, so let's look at the winners in the RF frontend section. Skyworks, TriQuint and Avago all have RF modules in the handset. All of the companies stock prices were up on the news last week. Below is a breakdown of the modules with a picture of the board containing the RF section.
- Qualcomm RTR8605 Multi-band/mode RF Transceiver. Chipworks has provided a die photo (orange)
- Skyworks 77464-20 Load-Insensitive Power Amplifier (LIPA®) module developed for WCDMA applications (yellow)
- Avago ACPM-7181 Power Amplifier (green)
- TriQuint TQM9M9030 SAW filter (blue)
- TriQuint TQM66052 (possibly a PA-Duplexer Module) (purple)
Photo and part numbers/descriptions via http://www.ifixit.com/.