Ericsson and KORE to Simplify Global IoT Deployments and Offer Unrivaled IoT Coverage in US
Ericsson has agreed with KORE, a global leader in IoT solutions and worldwide IoT connectivity-as-a-service, to enter into the Ericsson IoT Accelerator ecosystem.
With this relationship, enterprises will be able to take advantage of KORE’s IoT connectivity solutions and other managed services while utilizing Ericsson’s award-winning global IoT connectivity management platform, IoT Accelerator. This enables global enterprises to seamlessly expand their IoT business in the U.S. market and beyond.
“When two industry-leading companies work together, innovation is the natural result. This alliance ensures that enterprises not only have connectivity in every corner of the world, but also a variety and choice,” said KORE President and CEO Romil Bahl. “Our joint customers will enjoy a seamless experience built on a foundation of reliable customer and technology support that bolsters their ability to solve IoT deployment complexity.”
KORE and Ericsson are aligned with a common mission to simplify global IoT deployments and enable enterprises to realize new revenue streams, reach new market segments and create a sustainable global businesses. This will reduce IoT deployment complexities by:
- Enabling visibility and control to easily monitor and manage globally deployed assets
- Delivering a high level of reliability and security through a dedicated IoT core network with coverage throughout the U.S. and other key markets
- Offering a seamless technology experience with real-time analytics, plus a common interface and set of APIs.
Enterprises deploying IoT globally will be able to benefit from KORE’s unrivaled IoT connectivity solution in the U.S. while easily managing their IoT assets anywhere on the Ericsson IoT Accelerator platform. Likewise, enterprises currently using the IoT Accelerator platform in other parts of the world can now deploy IoT assets in the U.S. while maintaining a single view to manage and monitor all assets deployed globally.
“We are delighted to welcome KORE as the latest service provider partner in our growing IoT ecosystem, extending the reach of our IoT Accelerator platform into the U.S.,” said Kyle Okamoto, Ericsson IoT General Manager. “Enterprises will continue to have access to unparalleled IoT connectivity coverage and the capabilities of Ericsson’s IoT Accelerator, which is already trusted by more than 8500 enterprises around the world to manage over 90 million connected devices.”
KORE and Ericsson also have the broader ambition to:
- Continue to grow and expand the mutual service ecosystems between Ericsson’s IoT Accelerator and the KORE One™ IoT enablement platform
- Further simplify and grow eSIM use and reseller business models enabling true IoT service globalization
- Leverage the joint ecosystem scale with cloud providers and chipset manufacturers, making it easier for enterprises to adopt and scale IoT business globally.