Ranatec Launches the RI 198 RF Forensic Box for Law Enforcement
Ranatec, a part of the Qamcom group and supplier of specialized test and measurement equipment for RF and microwave applications, announced its latest innovation, the RI 198 Forensic Box designed for law enforcement, IT forensics and crime investigators.
The RI 198 enables users to analyze signal jammers or protect wireless devices that have been collected at a crime scene. The box is portable, easy to use and features a flexible lid that remains open at any angle and closed without any additional locking device.
Example of application use:
- Protect wireless devices (from criminals) from being hacked remotely (wireless), and to analyse these devices.
- The devices can be mobile phones and laptops, but also signal jammers that criminals use to jam wireless connections during a crime.
“With the RI 198, Ranatec once hits the mark on delivering benchmark RF shielding technology,” said Magnus Kilian, CEO, Ranatec. “This RF shielding technology is based on sought after telecom products we have delivered over past 10 years. RF shield boxes based on this unique technology are in use (in the hundreds) at some of the leading telecom companies in the world.”
- Good shielding, 60 dB at 1 GHz and 50 dB at 3 GHz.
- Easy to use, no latches, lid stays open at any position
- Light weight, 8.3 kg
- Ventilation panels, fan if requested
- RF-gloves and RF-window
- USB-, LAN-, SMA- and AC-interface.
- Attenuation at 3 GHz 50 dB
- Inner dimensions 390 x 290 x 250 mm
- Outer dimensions 460 x 460 x 265 mm
- Weight (standard): 9.3 kg
- Material Stainless steel/Al
- The RI 198 is designed for high shielding over all cellular mobile frequency bands making it suitable for applications such as:
- Protect wireless devices to be hacked
- Store wireless devices (evidence) collected at crime scenes
- Analyse signal jammers
Standard configuration includes:
- 1 pc Dual USB 2.0 480 Mbps Feedthru Filter
- 1 pc LAN 1 Gbps Feedthru Filter
- 1 pc 110/230 VAC Feedthru Filter
- 6 pcs SMA(f)/SMA(f) Bulkhead Connector
- 2 pcs DC Feedthru EMI Filter
- 1 pc f-type 75 Ohm Connector
Ranatec is ISO9001:2015 certified and offers specialist services within eight defined domains to a global customer base including the world’s leading electronics manufacturers.