Skyworks Releases Positive Sustainability Report
Skyworks Solutions Inc. recently released its 2018 Sustainability Report, a voluntary, non-financial public document that provides a comprehensive self-assessment of the company’s sustainable business practices. The report highlights Skyworks’ reductions in waste, energy and water usage, as well as progress across other areas including labor, ethics, health and safety, and management systems.
By utilizing well-established environmental management systems and setting aggressive targets, Skyworks exceeded its internal goals, resulting in meaningful year-over-year improvements. 2018 milestones included:
- Conserving 72,700 megawatt hours of energy, enough to power 6,156 homes for one year
- Averting nearly 9,300 tons of carbon dioxide equivalent emissions, comparable to removing 1,974 passenger vehicles from the road for one year
- Saving 106 million gallons of water
- Avoiding the generation of 526,000 pounds of hazardous waste
- Keeping 102,000 pounds of municipal waste from landfills
“Skyworks is proud to have achieved significant efficiency improvements across all major environmental categories, particularly as we increased production and capacity,” said Steven C. Machuga, vice president of worldwide operations for Skyworks. “As an enabler of ubiquitous connectivity, we remain steadfast in our commitment to meet the growing demand for our wireless engines without compromising our sustainability initiatives.”
The full report and other sustainability information can be found on Skyworks’ website.