Skyworks Launches Sky5™ LiTE for Universal 5G Deployments
Claiming the industry’s first fully integrated front-end solution for mass tier 5G cellular applications, Skyworks Solutions has introduced Sky5™ LiTE for mass market 5G handsets. The baseband agnostic platform supports up to 100 MHz wide bandwidth of 5G new radio (NR) waveforms and flexible power management, to deliver high-speed network experiences with optimized efficiency and near zero latency.
In addition to 5G NR waveforms and spectrum, Sky5 LiTE supports enhanced carrier aggregation and 4G/5G dual connectivity. The platform’s core functional modules include:
Regional Transmit FEMs
- SKY5-8255 — Dual chain N77/N79 ultra-high band power amplifier with integrated low noise amplifier and filters (LPAMiF).
- SKY5-8254 — N41 high band power amplifier with integrated filter (PAMiF).
- SKY5-8091-11 — Low band 4G/5G power amplifier module with four integrated duplexers (PAMiD) and 2G support.
- SKY5-8095-11 — Mid/high PAMiD with eight integrated duplexers/filters.
- SKY5-8096-11 — Mid/high PAMiD with nine integrated duplexers/filters and antenna swap functionality.
Regional Diversity/MIMO FEMs
- SKY5-3735 — Low/mid/high band diversity receive (DRx) module.
- SKY5-3728 — Ultra-high band N77/79 DRx/MIMO module with SRS support.
- SKY5-9269 — SP4T 80 V aperture tuning and RF distribution switch.
- SKY5-9256 — 4 x SPST 45 V aperture tuning switch.
- SKY5-9699 — DPDT antenna swap switch.
- SKY5-9260 — SP4T 60 V aperture tuning and RF distribution switch.
Sky5 LiTE interfaces with all leading chipset providers and equips early 5G adopters with differentiated architectures in an open ecosystem. Skyworks says an open ecosystem is favored versus closed, sole-source RF front-end products. Offering improved RF performance in a uniquely compact package, Sky5 LiTE simplifies handset designs, enabling faster deployment.
Complementing the recently introduced Sky5™ Ultra for premium applications, Skyworks says the 5G portfolio is the most comprehensive in the market.
“Sky5 LiTE exceeds the performance requirements demanded by next-generation devices while accelerating 5G implementation. Skyworks is offering truly turnkey, regionally optimized, easily deployable solutions purposefully designed to deliver all of the transmit and receive functionality in a highly integrated form factor.” — Kevin Walsh, vice president of marketing at Skyworks
According to the Global Mobile Suppliers Association, 201 operators in 83 countries are investing in 5G mobile and fixed wireless access networks, from tests, trials, pilot deployments and launches.