Speakers Take Top Prizes at EDI CON USA Outstanding Paper Awards 2017
The Electronic Design Innovation Conference and Exhibition (EDI CON) USA, the first industry event to bring together RF/microwave and high-speed digital design engineers and system integrators, announced the winners of its Outstanding Paper Awards on the final day of EDI CON 2017. Papers were presented at the conference on September 12 and 13 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Mass.
The EDI CON USA 2017 Technical Advisory Committee evaluated the papers for quality, relevance and educational impact. “We celebrated all of the finalists papers this year at the ceremony, with a hearty congratulations to all of the winners,” said Janine Love, Event Director.
EDI CON USA 2017 Outstanding Paper Award Winners:
Category: Student Paper
- Analysis of a Simple CTLE Optimization Algorithm for Lossy Channels
- Ameya Ramdurgkar, University of Colorado Boulder
- Innovative Algorithm for Wideband Digital Signal Processing in Modern AESA RADAR Architecture
- Roberto Lalli, Caterina Rapisarda, Valerio Tocca and Alessandro Manuale, Leonardo Company S.p.A.
- Ultra-Wideband DPD: The Rewards and Challenges of Implementation in Cable Distribution Systems
- Frank Kearney and Patrick Pratt, Analog Devices
Category: Power Integrity & EMI (A Tie!)
- Designing Power for Sensitive Circuits
- Steve Sandler, Picotest
- Transient Load Tester for Time Domain PDN Validation
- Ethan Koether and Istvan Novak, Oracle Corporation
Category: Signal Integrity
- Debugging High Speed SERDES Issues in Multi-Board Interconnect Systems
- Syed Bokhari, Fidus Systems Inc.
This was the first year for Outstanding Paper Awards at EDI CON USA, and the effort was made possible by the commitment of the event's Technical Advisory Committee and Technical Program co-chairs, Istvan Novak and Thomas Cameron. The event team looks forward to reading next year's submitted papers.
EDI CON USA is organized with the help of its primary media sponsors, Microwave Journal and Signal Integrity Journal. More information, including how to exhibit at EDI CON USA 2018, is available at www.ediconusa.com. EDI CON USA 2018 will be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center (Santa Clara, Calif.) on October 17-18, 2018.