EDI CON USA 2017 Announces European Radar Summit
Leading RADAR speakers bring expertise to event that covers RF/microwave and high-speed digital topics.
The Electronic Design Innovation Conference and Exhibition (EDI CON) USA, the first industry event to bring together RF/microwave and high-speed digital design engineers and system integrators, announced the addition of the European Radar Summit to its conference program at the Hynes Convention Center, September 11-13 in Boston, Mass.
EDI CON USA 2017 is building on its inaugural 2016 conference with multiple parallel tracks covering RF/microwave, high-speed digital and EMC/EMI topics. The conference features extended tutorials and short courses on Monday, September 11 followed by technical sessions, invited talks, workshops, panels and exhibition on Tuesday and Wednesday. Technical sessions focus on actionable, educational information for working engineers rather than product pitches and commercial presentations.
Organizers of RADAR technology sessions at the IEEE Phased Array Conference and the European Microwave Week Defense Forum have selected a number of papers to present at the EDI CON USA European Radar Summit on Tuesday, September 12. Led by Alfonso Farina, Selex ES-Italy retired, the session’s papers will cover topics such as conformal and phased array antennas, multi-static passive/active array radar, wide band signal processing and overall radar trends.
Planned papers include:
- “A Family of Secondary Surveillance Radars based on Conformal Antenna Array Geometries,” Massimo Angelilli, Leopoldo Infante, Paolo Pacifici, Leonardo Company S.p.A., Land and Naval Defense Electronics Division (Rome, Italy).
- “Enhanced target detection and localization by cueing in multistatic passive-active radar systems,” T. Brenner, L. Lamentowski, R. Mularzuk, PIT-RADWAR SA (Warsaw, Poland).
- "Design Aspects for Dual-Polarized Phased Array Antennas with Low X-pol Contribution," Dennis Vollbracht, Selex-ES GmbH (Neuss, Germany).
- “Innovative Algorithm for Wide Band Digital Signal Processing in modern AESA RADAR Architecture,” Roberto Lalli, Caterina Rapisarda¸ Alessandro Manuale, Valerio Tocca, Land & Naval Defence Electronics Leonardo S.p.A. (Rome, Italy).
- “Technology Trends for RADAR,” Hans van Bezouwen and Dr. Michael Brandfass, HENSOLDT (Ulm, Germany).
This year, EDI CON USA is the only RF/microwave industry conference and exhibition in the continental U.S., and the largest high-speed technical conference on the U.S. East Coast. Networking opportunities will abound on the exhibit floor, and attendees can enjoy a welcome reception and happy hour. More information, including registration and how to exhibit, is available at www.ediconusa.com. Attendees to the EDI CON USA European Radar Summit will require a Conference Pass.
EDI CON USA 2017 is supported by its primary media sponsors, Microwave Journal and Signal Integrity Journal. For future planning, EDI CON USA 2018 will be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center (Santa Clara, Calif.) on October 17-18, 2018.