Keysight to demo wireless communications, A&D measurement solutions at IMS2016
Keysight Technologies Inc. announced it will demonstrate the latest design, simulation and test solutions for wireless communications and aerospace & defense at the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium (IMS2016), Booth 1239, San Francisco, Calif., May 24-26, 2016.
Keysight's hardware, software and technical expertise help engineers and designers gain insight into the toughest component and system engineering challenges. This is accomplished by providing solutions for aerospace & defense (radar, electronic warfare, satellite and NewSpace) and wireless communications (5G, Internet of Things, 802.11ad and 802.11ax). Keysight will showcase 18 of its partners in the Keysight Community surrounding the Keysight booth. More information about the Keysight Community and its partners is available at www.keysight.com/find/ims.
Keysight's application solutions are built on a foundation of common building blocks that include software and hardware. The software covers simulation, waveform creation and analysis, and runs on multiple hardware platforms to address a range of customer needs. The robust hardware portfolio supports measurement needs up to millimeter-wave bands and includes signal analyzers, wideband oscilloscopes, network analyzers, arbitrary waveform generators and vector signal generators.
"Keysight's solutions help companies make their RF and microwave designs real," said Mark Pierpoint, vice president and general manager of Keysight's Internet Infrastructure Solutions Group. "At IMS, designers and engineers will have the opportunity to experience first-hand Keysight's solutions and services, and to gain a better understanding of how our solutions span the ecosystem at nearly every step of the design to manufacturing lifecycle. Our goal is to ensure our customers meet, or exceed, their time-to-market goals."
Keysight will feature the following new products and application solutions:
- X-Series signal analyzers—featuring a streamlined multi-touch interface, integrated 1 GHz analysis bandwidth up to 50 GHz, the widest real-time streaming up to 255 MHz bandwidth, and industry-best phase noise performance in all models
- CX3300 Series of Device Current Waveform Analyzers—enabling the visualization of previously unmeasurable, low-level current waveforms. The CX3300 series is used in the design of IoT devices and ultra-low power modules and provide 150 pA minimum measureable current, 1 GHz maximum sampling, 14-bit or 16-bit wide dynamic range, and 200 MHz maximum bandwidth
- E-Band Testbed Solution—enabling the generation and analysis of wide-bandwidth millimeter-wave signals for 5G and other emerging communications applications
- Multiport measurement capabilities—for wireless component and other types of multiport RF/microwave components used in aerospace & defense, radar, and satellite systems
- Keysight EEsof EDA SystemVue 2016 release, Phased Array Library and 5G Baseband Verification Library
In addition, Keysight will demonstrate the following products and solutions at the symposium.
- Advanced Design System 2016
- Silicon RFIC Design
- EMPro 3D Electromagnetic Simulation
- Genesys Circuit Synthesis and Sys-Parameters
- 5G System-Level Design and Verification
- Fast spurious test on frequency converters
- PNA-X active device characterization
- 32-port physical layer test system
- Multiport/multi-site network analysis for active and passive components
- Materials characterization
- Industry's first THz network analysis and spectrum analysis with PNA-X
5G and IoT
- 5G and wideband millimeter-wave solutions
- IoT power management
- IoT modular reference solutions
- Millimeter-wave design validation and manufacturing solution
- Sub-6 GHz coexistence analysis between 5G and 4G technologies
Radar/EW and Satellite
Power, Accessories and Services
- Multichannel power measurement synchronization
- Signal routing and conditioning solutions
- University education resources
- Consulting, multi-OEM calibration, asset management and purchase alternatives
On May 25, Keysight's Joanne Mistler will lead an RF Boot Camp together with several other speakers. Topics include:
- RF/microwave signal chain
- Network characteristics
- Impedance matching fundamentals
- RF simulation
- Spectral analysis
- Signal generation
- Digital modulation and vector signal analysis
- Simulation-based GaN power amplifier design
- RF analog receiver design and analysis
- Antenna basics
Keysight will deliver 13 presentations at the MicroApps Pavilion.
Tuesday, May 24 at 10:05 a.m., Mike Millhaem, Keysight's 5G technical architect, will deliver the opening MicroApps keynote titled "Now You See Me, Now You Don't!"
Tuesday, May 24 at 2:00 p.m., Keysight's Kaelly Farnham will moderate a panel titled "Women in Microwaves (WIM) Panel on Leadership: 'How to Inspire Change'."
Wednesday, May 25 at 12:00 p.m., Keysight will participate in a MicroApps panel titled "The 5G IoT Conundrum." Pat Hindle, editor of Microwave Journal, will lead the panel. Additional information is available at www.ims2016.org/exhibition/microapps-ex.
Friday, May 27, at 1:00 p.m., Mark Pierpoint, vice president and general manager of Keysight's Internet Infrastructure Solutions Group, will deliver the keynote at the 87th ARFTG Conference (www.arftg.org), which is held in conjunction with IMS 2016.
About Keysight in 5G
The development of 5G depends on up-to-date tools that let designers easily explore new signals, scenarios and topologies. Keysight's 5G solutions are ready to enable deeper insights as development evolves with the standard. In design and test, Keysight is helping industry leaders innovate across new and existing technologies as they transform ideas into reality. Additional information about Keysight's 5G design, test and measurement solutions is available at www.keysight.com/find/5G.