ANADIGICS expands small cell wireless infrastructure power amplifier family
ANADIGICS Inc. , a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, introduced the AWB7229 small-cell power amplifier (PA). The AWB7229 is optimized to deliver world-class efficiency, linearity, output power and thermal characteristics for WCDMA, HSPA, and LTE small-cell base stations operating in the 925 to 960 MHz frequency band (Band 8). Manufacturers are able to leverage this performance to develop infrastructure solutions that consume less power, offer higher throughput, and provide greater coverage and range.
ANADIGICS’ complete family of small-cell wireless infrastructure power amplifiers leverages the company’s unique InGaP-Plus™ technology and innovative design architectures to deliver industry-leading performance and integration. The AWB7229 power amplifier delivers 13% efficiency to minimize power requirements. With exceptional linearity of -47 dBc ACPR @ +27 dBm linear output power and 29 dB gain, the AWB7229 is optimized to provide high throughput data rates with a wide coverage area. This power amplifier is available in the same compact, low-profile 7 mm x 7 mm x 1.3 mm surface mount package used across the entire AWB71XX and AWB72XX product lines, allowing the same PCB layout to be used for different bands and power levels. The AWB7229 power amplifier also offers integrated bias, which eliminates the need for complicated external circuitry and reduces PCB space requirements.
ANADIGICS Small-Cell Wireless Infrastructure PA Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- High linearity to support WCDMA, HSPA, LTE FDD, and TD-LTE small-cell base stations
- Best-in-class efficiency for improved reliability and low-cost thermal design
- Low noise, low distortion for very low EVM levels
- Low transistor junction temperature for greater long-term reliability
- Integrated RF matching optimized for output power, efficiency and linearity in a 50 Ohm system
- Convenient +4.5 V supply eliminates the need for complicated external bias circuitry to simplify design and system integration
- Optimized for 1/2-Watt and 1/4-Watt linear output power to support a wide array of applications
- Common pinout and footprint across each output power family enabling customers to simplify board designs across many frequency bands
For more information, visit www.anadigics.com