TI’s new SimpleLink Wi-Fi devices are first to be Wi-Fi CERTIFIED at the chip level
Texas Instruments (TI) announced that its SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3100and CC3200 devices, designed for the Internet of Things (IoT), are now Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ at the chip level. TI is the first company to have a chip achieve Wi-Fi Alliance® certification. This seal of approval validates that the CC3100 and CC3200 chips contain all the software and hardware features on-chip needed to interoperate with a Wi-Fi network, thus ensuring the chips are exceptionally easy to integrate into an IoT system. Customers can order chip samples, a CC3200 LaunchPadevaluation kit or a CC3100 BoosterPack plug-in board to add embedded Wi-Fi and Internet connectivity to a wide-range of home, industrial and consumer electronics products. For more information, visit www.ti.com/simplelinkwifi.
“We are excited to be the first silicon provider to achieve Wi-Fi certification at the chip level,” said Amichai Ron, general manager, Wireless Connectivity Solutions, TI. “As an embedded Wi-Fi market leader, we continue to push the boundaries for our customers and can now offer SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3100 and CC3200 chips that meet the high standards of the Wi-Fi Alliance.”
“We congratulate Texas Instruments on achieving Wi-Fi CERTIFIED status for the CC3100 and CC3200 solutions,” said Wi-Fi Alliance CEO, Edgar Figueroa. “Wi-Fi provides robustness, interoperability and pervasive connectivity to IoT applications, and these solutions are an exemplary example of Wi-Fi advancements for the IoT.”
What is SimpleLink Wi-Fi?
- Introduced in early June, the CC3100 and CC3200 Internet-on-a-chip™ platform clears the way for new IoT products through features including:
- The industry’s lowest power consumption for battery operated devices with a low power radio and advanced low power modes
- Flexibility to use any microcontroller (MCU) with the CC3100 solution or leverage the CC3200’s integrated user-dedicated, programmable ARM® Cortex®-M4 MCU, allowing customers to add their own code.
- Easy development with quick connection, cloud support and on-chip Wi-Fi, Internet and robust security protocols, requiring no prior Wi-Fi experience to get a product connected.
- The ability to simply and securely connect their devices to Wi-Fi using a phone or tablet app or a web browser with multiple provisioning options including SmartConfig™ Technology, WAC, WPS and AP mode.
Pricing and availability:
SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3100 and CC3200 solutions are available through TI eStore and TI authorized distributors:
- CC3200 LaunchPad is available for $29.99
- CC3100 BoosterPack + CC31XXEMUBOOST + MSP-EXP430F5529LP bundle is available for $49.99
- CC3100BOOST + CC31XXEMUBOOST bundle is available for $36.99
CC3100 and CC3200 are in production and are part of TI's free sample program.
- CC3100–$6.70 per 1,000 units
- CC3200–Starting at $7.99 per 1,000 units
TI’s SimpleLink™ wireless connectivity portfolio
TI’s SimpleLink portfolio of low power wireless connectivity solutions – wireless MCUs, wireless network processors (WNPs), RF transceivers and range extenders for the broad embedded market – makes it easier to develop and connect anything to the Internet of Things (IoT). Spanning over 14 standards and technologies including Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Bluetooth low energy, ZigBee®, Sub-1 GHz, 6LoWPAN and more, SimpleLink products help manufacturers add wireless connectivity to anything, to any design, for anyone. www.ti.com/wireless.