Langer's ChipScan-ESA software for measurements with a spectrum analyzer
The ChipScan-ESA analysis software from Langer EMV-Technik GmbH has been designed for the clear and comparable recording of a spectrum analyzer's measurement curves (system requirements: Windows XP and later). It allows the user to visualize measuring curves quickly and interactively, perform complex analyses and export the curves easily.
The ChipScan-ESA software has been custom-developed for measurements in the field of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). EMC emissions from a device under test can be analyzed using the ESA1 emissions development system from Langer EMV-Technik GmbH. ESA1 has been designed for the developer's workplace. The ChipScan-ESA software allows the developer to record the type and properties of any number of near-field emission measurements and compare the curves quickly and easily.
ChipScan-ESA has been tailored to suit the needs of the development process. The developer is particularly interested in pre- and post measurements during the EMC optimization of the device under test. Since the ChipScan-ESA software enables an easy comparison of several measurement curves, the developer can assess EMC measures taken in the device under test efficiently and quickly.
The following software features are particularly helpful for the developer in this respect:
- A random number of measurement curves can be recorded at any one time and shown in one diagram for a precise analysis of several measurements.
- Individual measurement curves can be shown and hidden and each curve can be assigned a certain colour or an extensive annotation. The annotation can be used to provide information about the measurement conditions that led to the respective curve.
- The LiveTrace feature allows a continuous display of the spectrum analyzer's measurement in the relevant window. During the live transmission, a random number of measurement curves that have been recorded beforehand can be shown for comparison. The developer can use this feature to check and further optimize the effect of an EMC countermeasure directly during its implementation.
The ChipScan-ESA software can be used to record any number of measurements of a spectrum analyzer and store them in a file. The following features are available for handling the recorded measurement curves:
- A random number of measurement curves can be compared directly.
- User-defined correction curves can be created.
- Existing correction curves can be imported into the ChipScan-ESA software and applied to the recorded measurement curve.
- Measurement curves can be added and subtracted.
- Maximum or minimum curves of selected measurement curves can be calculated.
- Selected measurement curves can be smoothed and trimmed.
These features help greatly reduce the time and money spent analyzing measurement curves.
The ChipScan-ESA software can also be used to generate and export image data that may be required for a documentation or presentation, for example. In addition, all measurement curves can be exported to R, Matlab or Excel as a comma separated value (.csv) list for further processing.
Nevertheless ChipScan-ESA is not limited to EMC problem analysis or work with the ESA1 system. It is also a versatile tool for acquiring and processing data from measurement curves of a spectrum analyzer. To receive the ChipScan-ESA viewer free of charge, please contact email@example.com.