Frequency Domain Analysis Option: N8832A-001
Keysight Technologies Offers First User-Extensible Frequency Domain Analysis for Real-Time Oscilloscopes
Keysight Technologies Inc. announced the availability of a frequency domain analysis (FDA) option, the industry’s first user-extensible spectrum frequency domain analysis applicationsolution for real-time oscilloscopes.
The FDA option extends the capabilities of Keysight Infiniium and InfiniiVision Series oscilloscopes by enabling engineers to acquire live signals from the oscilloscope and visualize them in the frequency domain as well as make key frequency domain measurements. Option N8832A-001 includes the application, the application source code for user extensibility, and MATLAB software. These tools allow engineers to extend the application’s capabilities to meet their current and future testing needs.
The FDA application provides capabilities to address many important frequency domain analysis challenges, including:
- Power spectral density (PSD) and spectrogram visualization, commonly found in spectrum analyzer and frequency domain analysis software.
- Frequency domain measurements in an application including relevant peaks in the PSD and measurements such as occupied bandwidth, SNR, THD (total harmonic distortion), SFDR (spurious free dynamic range) and frequency error.
- Oscilloscope configuration through the application to allow for repeatable instrument configuration and measurements; optionally includes additional SCPI commands for more advanced instrument setup.
- Insertion of additional custom signal processing commands prior to frequency domain visualization, as needed, for more advanced analysis insight.
- Live or post-acquisition analysis of time-domain data in MATLAB software.
“The FDA application provides meaningful ways to visualize and analyze frequency domain measurements with a real-time oscilloscope, which extends the traditional capabilities of the scope and allows customers to overcome difficult signal analysis challenges,” said Dave Cipriani, vice president and general manager of Keysight’s Oscilloscope and Protocol Division. “In addition, if a project or measurement requires frequency domain analysis beyond the out-of-the-box application capabilities, customers can immediately customize and extend the solution to meet their unique testing needs.”
For more information about N8832A-001 frequency domain analysis for real-time oscilloscopes, visit www.keysight.com/find/FDA.
U.S Pricing and Availability
The Keysight N8832A-001 application optionis priced at $5,000. It is available now.