AWR awards prizes to IMS 2013 student design contest winners
AWR Corp., the innovation leader in high-frequency EDA software, gifted its software to the winners of the High Efficiency Power Amplifier (HEPA) and Software Defined Radio (SDR) Student Design Contests offered at the 2013 International Microwave Symposium (IMS) Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (MTT-S) Conference. The gifts are part of theAWR University Program, which sponsors student design contests throughout the world to encourage students to become involved in the dynamic profession of microwave and RF engineering and to apply their knowledge to practical designs using the highly efficient AWR design methodology.
Winners included the first, second, and third place finalists in each category and the software gifted included AWR’s Microwave Office® circuit design software, Visual System Simulator™ (VSS) system design software, and AXIEM® 3D planar and Analyst™ 3D finite element method (FEM) electromagnetic simulation software.
Software Defined Radio Student Design Competition Winners:
- University of Aveiro, Portugal - Andi Tridero Pnata
- Istanbul Technical University, Turkey - Kaan Kula, Hasan Onur Cakar, Anikan Ayranci
High Efficiency Power Amplifier Student Design Competition Winners:
- University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany - Michael Kamper, Christian Musolff, Zeid Abou-Chahine
- Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU), Korea - Jinhee Kwon, Seo Mincheol, Gu Jehyeon,
- University of Science and Technology, Chengdu, China - Zhebin Hu, Chaoyi Huang, Xianyun Hou, Renbin Tong
The winning teams’ students are eligible to contact email@example.com to activate their software licenses, which will be effective for a full year. Activation of licenses is valid through 4 June 2014.