Version 14.04 of NI AWR Design Environment has been released and is now available for download for current customers and evaluators.
This latest version includes over 50 new improvements and productivity enhancements, including:
- APLAC harmonic balance (HB) simulation of the BSIMSOI model.
- Geometry simplification rules, including the shape preprocessing (SPP) engine.
- SPP of 3D electromagnetic (EM) structures.
- Performance speed of SPP layout operations.
- Faster alphabetical sorting of library artwork cells.
- Improvements to the user interface for selecting multiple netlists for simultaneous import.
- The network synthesis wizard introduced in V14 supports source-pull data.
Accompanying this release are additional AWR.TV videos that spotlight unique aspects of the V14 software, such as a new design example video by EM expert Dr. John Dunn. He explains using point ports within the printed-circuit board (PCB) import wizard. The wizard, particularly point ports, streamlines importing PCB designs for EM simulation with Microwave Office design software.