- Buyers Guide
5G and IoT Supplement
Title: What Have You Been Missing In Your Pulsed Vector Network Analyzer Measurements?
Date: December 17, 2013
Time: 8am PT/ 11am ET/ 4pm UTC
Presenter: Bob Buxton, Manager, Product Marketing, Anritsu
This webinar will describe historical pulse measurement methods used by Vector Network Analyzers and the associated trade-offs. Then it will introduce the latest VNA pulse measurement capability based on a new, innovative, high-speed digitizer architecture. This new architecture enables VNA users to examine additional aspects of pulse characteristics that were previously unavailable. A number of the benefits will be shown, such as employing higher resolution sampling to investigate pulse edge effects and intra-pulse behavior, using longer record lengths to monitor time-variant events over greater spans of time, and the ability to adjust test parameters with the ability to see the response in real-time.
Who should attend:
• R&D engineers involved with development of component and systems, including T-R modules for radar systems
• Engineers needing to perform pulsed I/V testing for thermal reasons as might occur in an on-wafer device characterization situation or when testing higher power amplifiers in a bench-top scenario
What you will learn:
• How to get a higher time resolution view of S-parameter data to spot anomalous intra-pulse behavior and rise/fall time issues
• How to measure how pulse behavior changes over time due to amplifier or transmitter warm-up effects
• How to compensate for DUT time delays when making pulsed measurements and make accurate measurements
Bob Buxton has 35 years of R&D, product definition and marketing experience in connection with microwave components, operational equipment and test equipment in the fields of radar, communications, signal integrity and video. Since April 2010, he has been leading Anritsu’s general-purpose microwave bench instrument product marketing team. Bob earned his MSc. in Microwaves and Modern Optics from University College London and his MBA from George Fox University, Oregon.
Get access to premium content and e-newsletters by registering on the web site. You can also subscribe to Microwave Journal magazine.