Here are the top 10 most viewed articles this year on the Microwave Journal web site:
- The Current State of Technology and Future Trends in Wireless Communications and Applications
- Cognitive Radar: The Next Radar Wave?
- RFID: The Next Generation Auto-ID Technology
- A Compact, Omni-directional, Circularly Polarized Microstrip Antenna
- Making Thermal Resistance Measurements without Test Diodes or Thermal Stages
- An Analog Approach to Power Amplifier Predistortion
- Trends in Defence Electronics: Technological Convergence in Radar and EW
- Xinger®-III Doherty Combiner Offers Advantages Over a PCB Combiner
- Two-arm Archimedean Spiral Helical Antenna with Wraparound Absorber
- Modern RFID Readers
Half of these articles are not from this year showing the long life time of technical articles as some of them are several years (or more) old.
Here are the top 10 News items for 2011:
- AWR Announces China Expansion with Office in Asia
- TI to Acquire National Semiconductor
- Rogers Assists Circuit Designer with Free Impedance Calculator Software
- Agilent Ships Latest ADS Platform
- Cambridge Consultants Sprints Ahead with Counter-terror Search Technology
- NXP Launches High Performance RF Design Challenge
- Skyworks to Acquire SiGe Semiconductor for $210 M
- GigOptix to Acquire Endwave
- Comtech Receives $3.3 M for High Power Amplifiers and Switches
- TiaLinx Announces Launch of Cougar20-H, A Mini-Robot
The biggest news of the year for me was the National Instruments acquisition of AWR and Phase Matrix announced right before IMS 2011. Also popular were our show coverage and show wrap up articles which all ranked very high. What was your favorite article or topic of the year?