WaveGuide

Carrier Aggregation will hit the market in 2013

Set aside the question of whether this kind of data speed is actually necessary for watching a YouTube video, or for downloading your email. Here in the American market, it’s clear that consumers want faster, and they’re always willing to pay a little more to have the fastest mobile service.  If you have a need for speed, Carrier Aggregation is the cheapest way to get there.

Read More

Once Again, It's (Almost) Show Time

We are heading into show season with EDI CON, Satellite, IWCE, WAMICON, IWS, CTIA Wireless, MWIE and of course IMS all right around the corner. This is a busy time for our editorial staff as I am sure it is for engineering teams preparing products and marketing groups preparing press releases and marketing collateral. To inform the market of pending product releases that will be on display at these events, many marketers are stepping up their outbound marketing and vying for editorial space, especially in the May MTT-S IMS preview issue, our largest issue of the year.
Read More

March Madness

I love March. Residing in New England, it means that we’re on the back-side of winter and better weather is (finally) on the horizon. It’s also “March Madness” month for NCAA Men’s Basketball, when I traditionally get bounced from my office pool by the end of day one. And it features several industry events, including Satellite 2013 in Washington, DC and the debut of EDI CON China, taking place next week in Beijing. As EDI CON is a Horizon House/Microwave Journal production, I’ll be travelling to China with many of my co-workers to help organize this exciting new venture. I look forward to seeing some of you there.
Read More

If It's All About You, Then It Shouldn't Be About Me

Change Your Focus & Write a Great Tech Article

In my job as a consultant to high-tech companies, I am constantly writing and editing technical materials. Inevitably, almost all technical articles that I review and edit from third parties start out with the wrong perspective. Once I finish reading the first two paragraphs, I can hear the author’s voice shouting off the page: “This is all about me and my product!” How can such a personal perspective creep into a technical article, you ask? Easy. It’s what I call the Lazy Perspective.

Read More

From Barcelona to Beijing to Seattle and Everything In-Between

I'm writing this while drinking a Starbucks coffee in downtown Seattle. Fittingly, it's cold and rainy, but the coffee is good. I'm on a reconnaissance mission for the annual IMS event, having not had the pleasure to visit this fine city since the last time we all gathered for this event in the Pacific Northwest. The Convention Center is well located in the heart of downtown, with an excellent assortment of restaurants and bars, and the waterfront is a short and pleasant walk away. Hopefully the weather will be warmer and drier come June.

Read More

Marketing in Modern Times

Planning a marketing campaign is a lot more complex than it used to be, to say the least. In the not too distant past, there were limited options available, at least by today's standards. Now, there seem to be almost unlimited choices, with new channels appearing constantly. There's print, web, email, events and social media, with multiple iterations of each. So how do you decide what's right for your company as we approach the New Year?

Read More

Be Seen in '13…

As December rolls around once again, we would like to thank all of our contributors for a great year of editorial. The industry really stepped up to the plate with new products and technologies, robust components for a wide range of challenging applications and great marketing to support the engineering effort.  As electronic systems get increasingly complex, the engineering gets harder and so it is fitting that we acknowledge these accomplishments in the media. It is also wonderfully self-serving to let end-users know what you have been up to. With this in mind, here’s what to expect in MWJ as we wrap-up this year and head into the next.
Read More

Make an Impact in 2013

Microwave Journal has added some exciting promotional vehicles for 2013. Our high impact, rich media banners ad units provide great visibility on our website with newly added wallpaper, page peel, interstitial and animated banner ad units.  Wallpaper ads fill the space in the left and right margins on every page providing a large area to present your ad.
Read More