Industry News

Permac Electronics Promoting PMI Productcs

Permac Electronics will be promoting products from Planar Monolithics Industries during EuMW. Both companies will be in booth 145. One product is an extended range detector log video amplifier. Permac says the amplifier is the world's smallest, lowest power-consuming, CW-immune ERDLVA. The other products are digitally tuned oscillators from...
Read More

Mesuro Launches Fundamental Only Active Load-pull Software

Mesuro launched a vector network analyser based software solution for Fundamental Only Active Load Pull. The Fundamental Only software implementation follows the format, structure and operation of the existing main system software. This allows a customer to both reutilize existing equipment and also expand to full harmonic load pull...
Read More

It's About Jobs

Along with most, I was rather sad to hear that Steve Jobs passed away the other day. He was truly a brilliant and driven individual following his own path. Coincidently, the news reached me on the same day that I finished writing about the innovative spirit at Apple as...
Read More

The Spy Who Loved Microwaves

The Defense/Security Sector Is Developing Products James Bond Would be Proud to Use
"Bond, James Bond." Ever since Ian Fleming's famous agent 007 uttered those words in 1962's "Dr. No," moviegoers have admired this uber-cool member of Her Majesty's Secret Service for his steely approach to villains, beautiful women and high tech gadgets, all while enjoying a martini – shaken not stirred,...
Read More

Intuitive Phase Noise Analyzer

Holzworth Instrumentation has developed a fully automated phase noise analyzer with an integrated, cross correlation engine that responds to the most common issues of modern phase noise test systems. The HA7062A provides ease of use, fast measurement speeds, high reliability, high stability and pricing that makes an easy decision...
Read More