Industry News

SRC receives patent for advanced radar technique

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has issued SRC Inc. a patent for the “Interleaved Beam Coherent Radar Apparatus and Processing Method,” an advanced radar scanning and processing technique that improves a radar’s ability to detect very slow moving targets, such as small unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), watercraft or personnel, with a very high scan rate.

Read More

EuMW Welcome Reception – Space for Networking

Space for Microwaves is the theme for European Microwave Week 2012 and on Tuesday evening space for around a 1,000 delegates and exhibitors was set aside in the Elicium, Amsterdam RAI to enjoy the Agilent Technologies sponsored Welcome Reception. However, there was definitely no space for microwaves in the kitchens as the buffet that offered a choice of Continental and Asian food, was of very high standard!

Read More

AWR Connected for Optenni Lab accelerates wireless antenna design

AWR Corp. and Optenni Ltd. announced AWR Connected for Optenni Lab, an integrated workflow that accelerates wireless antenna design by enabling optimized matching circuits to be transferred from Optenni Lab matching circuit software to AWR’s Microwave Office high-frequency design software with a single mouse click. The interface constructs the matching circuit in Microwave Office, sets up and runs the simulation, and then allows for further refinement and analysis within Microwave Office and AXIEM®, AWR’s 3D planar electromagnetic simulator.

Read More

Compact R&S SGS100A vector signal generator supports up to 12.75 GHz

Rohde & Schwarz has enhanced its fully integrated R&S SGS100A by adding a model for I/Q modulated signals from 80 MHz to 12.75 GHz. Combined with an I/Q baseband generator, the instrument can be used to generate test signals for all radio standards in this frequency range. As a result, the R&S SGS100A is ideal for X-band signals from 8 GHz to 12 GHz for radar and satellite communications. The I/Q modulator's wide RF bandwidth of 1 GHz makes it possible to generate pulses with high chirp bandwidths and steep pulse edges.   

Read More