Industry News

ITT Exelis announces agreement to acquire C4i Pty. Ltd.

ITT Exelis has signed a definitive agreement to acquire C4i Pty. Ltd. (C4I) based in Melbourne, Australia, from the Longreach Group Ltd. for an enterprise value of approximately USD 16.8 million. Pending Longreach Group shareholder approval, the transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2013 subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. The acquisition is not material to Exelis 2012 results.

Read More

New report from Engalco on RFPAs for cell phone handsets

In the past RF power amplifiers (RFPAs) for cell phone handsets have relied exclusively on GaAs or InGaP-based RFICs. However in recent years RF CMOS RFPA technology has made significant strides and is now strongly impacting the territory that was previously the exclusive domain of GaAs or InGaP technology. This new report from Engalco provides information concerning the players, industry dynamics and detailed, highly granular, market forecasts through to year 2017.

Read More

ADI introduces quad 12-bit and single 14-bit, 180 MSPS D/A converters

Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) introduced the AD9106 quad-channel, 12-bit, and the AD9102 single-channel, 14-bit, 180 MSPS waveform generators, integrating on-chip static random access memory (SRAM) and direct digital synthesis (DDS) for complex waveform generation. ADI’s new D/A converters generate the high-speed, high-dynamic-range, multichannel complex waveforms required in applications such as ultrasound transducer excitation, medical instrumentation, portable instrumentation, signal generators and arbitrary waveform generators.

Read More