Industry News

XTAR wins $8M in new airborne ISR business

XTAR LLC, the first U.S. commercial provider of satellite services in the X-band frequency, announced that it has gained a significant segment of the growing airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (AISR) market over the last 12 months. These contracts represent more than 100 MHz of bandwidth and are valued at more than $8 million. 

Read More

Pasternack Enterprises expands line of Schottky diode detectors

Pasternack Enterprises Inc., a leading ISO 9001:2008 manufacturer and global supplier of RF and microwave products, announces the expansion of their line of Schottky diode detectors.  RF detectors from Pasternack are coaxial components that convert the input RF signal strength into proportional DC voltage at its output, also referred to as “video out.”

Read More

Pentek introduces rugged portable RF/IF high-bandwidth signal recorder

Pentek Inc. announced the new Talon® RF/IF signal recording and playback system: the Model RTR 2727 rugged portable recorder suitable for military and aerospace applications. The system features recording and playback of IF signals up to 700 MHz with signal bandwidths to 200 MHz. It can be configured with 500 MHz 12-bit A/Ds or 400 MHz 14-bit A/Ds and an 800 MHz 16-bit D/A.

Read More

ITT Exelis announces agreement to acquire C4i Pty. Ltd.

ITT Exelis has signed a definitive agreement to acquire C4i Pty. Ltd. (C4I) based in Melbourne, Australia, from the Longreach Group Ltd. for an enterprise value of approximately USD 16.8 million. Pending Longreach Group shareholder approval, the transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2013 subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. The acquisition is not material to Exelis 2012 results.

Read More