Industry News

Design of V-Band Millimeter-wave CMOS Low Noise Amplifier

A V-Band millimeter-wave CMOS low noise amplifier (LNA) fabricated with the 0.13 mm process is presented. A three-stage cascaded common source structure is adopted. The measurement results of the fabricated LNA show the peak performance at 50 GHz exhib...
In recent years, the 7 GHz of contiguous bandwidth have been opened for unlicensed use at millimeter-wave frequencies around 60 GHz (known as V-Band) in the US and Japan. High rate wireless communication technology operating at millimeter-wave frequencies has been an interesting topic with various applications and tremendous potentials....
Read More

NMDG Releasing Nonlinear Extension Kit for VNAs

Using NMDG extension kits for vector network analysers, the user is able to characterise the nonlinear behaviour of HF components in time and frequency domain under realistic conditions, even in a non-50 Ohm environment. However, from an engineering point of view, the large signal network analyser (LSNA) techniques are...
Read More

Permac Electronics Promoting PMI Productcs

Permac Electronics will be promoting products from Planar Monolithics Industries during EuMW. Both companies will be in booth 145. One product is an extended range detector log video amplifier. Permac says the amplifier is the world's smallest, lowest power-consuming, CW-immune ERDLVA. The other products are digitally tuned oscillators from...
Read More

Mesuro Launches Fundamental Only Active Load-pull Software

Mesuro launched a vector network analyser based software solution for Fundamental Only Active Load Pull. The Fundamental Only software implementation follows the format, structure and operation of the existing main system software. This allows a customer to both reutilize existing equipment and also expand to full harmonic load pull...
Read More

It's About Jobs

Along with most, I was rather sad to hear that Steve Jobs passed away the other day. He was truly a brilliant and driven individual following his own path. Coincidently, the news reached me on the same day that I finished writing about the innovative spirit at Apple as...
Read More