Industry News

Software Update

Simulation Software ANSYS Inc. announced the release of ANSYS® Engineering Knowledge Manager™ (ANSYS® EKM™) 2.0, a product focused on simulation process and data management (SPDM). The solution set addresses some real-world challenges that engineers face, such as how to better manage, share and reuse simulation data as well as...
Read More

The Puzzler - February 2010

Components, Boards & Systems Download the Puzzler Download the Puzzler (PDF) Across 1 Amplifier that uses polar coordinates representation of a signal-vector instead of traditional Cartesian I-Q representation (3 words) 7 Uses finite element math to approximate how a circuit will behave (2 words) 9 When the dielectric constant...
Read More

Market Watch

The end-of-life for a semiconductor product can leave OEMs of systems with long lifecycles scrambling for a supply of vital parts, forcing them into a difficult procurement situation. Some have turned to the so-called “gray market”, a term that refers to the fraudulent manufacturing and distribution of counterfeit semiconductors....
Read More

RFaxis’ WLAN RFeIC and High Gain Antenna to Boost B-Link’s Solutions

RFaxis, a fabless semiconductor company focused on innovative, next-generation RF solutions for the wireless connectivity markets, announced that B-Link Electronic Ltd. has selected RFaxis’ RFX2402 and RFX2402H RF Front-end Integrated Circuits (RFeIC™), along with the new RFaxis high-gain antenna solution, for integration into the B-Link family of WLAN products....
Read More

Time to Step on the Marketing Accelerator

How to leverage communications, public relations and social media to drive your business
The primary objective of today’s marketing professionals remain the same: how can I raise awareness of my company, brand, products and technology among my key audiences (current and future customers, partners) to drive our business? Advertising is one proven option. The metrics are clear; an ad is seen by...
Read More

SRC Secures $8.1 M for Foliage Penetration Radar

SRC , formerly Syracuse Research Corp., announced that it has secured $8.1 M in funding, for its Foliage Penetration Reconnaissance, Surveillance, Tracking and Engagement Radar, also known as FORESTER. The revolutionary airborne radar system penetrates through foliage to track people and vehicles on the ground. The funding for the...
Read More