- Buyers Guide
Agilent's 3D EM Simulation Software Accelerates High-frequency, High-speed Design
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced Electromagnetic Professional (EMPro) 2010, a new release of its 3D electromagnetic (EM) modeling and simulation software for analyzing the 3D EM effects of IC packages, connectors, antennas and other RF components. Used in the development of high-frequency and high-speed electronic devices, the new release features significant improvements in simulation speed and design efficiency.
"EMPro’s speed, accuracy, and efficiency improvements go a long way in meeting the needs of today’s high-frequency, high-speed device designers,” said Marc Petersen, Product Marketing Lead in Agilent’s EEsof EDA organization. “These improvements also provide a significant benefit to users of our Advanced Design System software, who are using EMPro within their design flow."
Some of the new capabilities now available in EMPro 2010 include:
• faster finite element method (FEM) simulations through meshing improvements and use of symmetry planes;
• built-in acceleration of finite difference time domain (FDTD) simulations utilizing graphics processor unit (GPU) hardware;
• enhanced FEM accuracy through the use of new sheet ports and material property models;
• improved design efficiency with a new bondwire component, ODB++ file support for printed-circuit-board designs, and several other new user interface features; and
• Microsoft Windows® 7 support in addition to Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and Linux support.