- Buyers Guide
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it will demonstrate the latest design and test innovations for advanced RF and microwave research, development and manufacturing at the 2010 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium (IMS), May 25-27, at the Anaheim Convention & Exhibition Center, Booth 924.
“Agilent’s design and test solutions provide engineers with the tools they need to accelerate their research, design and development in RF, microwave and millimeter-wave electronics,” said Barry Alcorn, US Marketing Program Manager in Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group. “At IMS 2010, we’re showing the latest products and application solutions that engineers will need to deliver the most advanced technologies.”
The popular MicroApps Theater, sponsored by Agilent, will offer more than 50 short technical sessions. Agilent’s Dr. David Root will deliver the MicroApps keynote on “X-parameters: The Emerging Paradigm for Interoperable Characterization, Modeling and Design of Nonlinear Microwave and RF Components and Systems,” Wednesday, May 26, at 9:50 a.m. PT. A complete list of papers and an online registration form can be found at www.agilent.com/find/IMS2010.
Agilent will showcase:
• SystemVue 2010.01: This software adds two high-performance RF modeling options for system-level designs. The W1719 RF System Design Kit adds a new simulation interface -- the RFlink -- which automatically embeds RF architectures and X-parameter devices into a baseband DSP environment. The W1716 Digital Pre-Distortion (DPD) builder corrects for measured memory effects and nonlinearities in 4G power amplifiers, allowing RF designers and system architects to dramatically extend their performance for LTE and other demanding applications.
• SystemVue 2010.01 and Genesys 2010.05: These software platforms add X-parameter support and move X-parameters beyond RF into system-level design. The nonlinear model support provides convenient and reliable design flow closure between wireless circuit designers, RF system architects, and non-analog colleagues doing communications PHY algorithms and baseband signal processing.
• PXA signal analyzer: This analyzer is Agilent’s highest-performance member of the X-Series. In combination with the X-Series advanced measurement applications, the PXA delivers an excellent high-performance test solution set for cellular communications and digital video standards such at LTE-FDD and –TDD, W-CDMA/HSPA/HSPA+, DVB-T/H and ISDB-T.
• N9000A CXA signal analyzers: This analyzer offers frequency coverage up to 7.5 GHz and outstanding flexibility. With a variety of built-in and optional measurement capabilities, the analyzer can easily be configured and reconfigured to meet present and future requirements.
• 89600 Vector Signal Analysis (VSA) software: The VSA software is used by cellular communications and wireless networking R&D engineers around the world. Version 12 of the 89600 VSA software features enhancements in LTE, HSPA+ MIMO and EDGE-Evo analysis; hardware connectivity and support for a new operating system. The new LTE, HSPA+ and GSM EDGE-Evo analysis tools allow engineers to dig deeper into signals to find and fix the causes of PHY layer problems.
• PNA-X Series microwave network analyzers: The PNA-X Series offers the industry’s most accurate noise figure measurements up to 50 GHz and provides the industry’s only source-corrected noise-figure measurements.
• N5106A PXB baseband generator and channel emulator: These products are designed for use across the R&D lifecycle. From design to pre-conformance, PXB offers multi-channel baseband generation (BBG), real-time fading, and signal capture in a single, multi-purpose instrument. The PXB’s capabilities make it ideal for engineers working on product development as well as conducting advanced research.
• Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR) application software option for the Agilent E5071C ENA network analyzer: This one-box solution is ideal for high-speed serial interconnect analysis and can be used by signal integrity engineers who require efficient design and verification in R&D, quality assurance and manufacturing.
• V3500A Handheld RF Power Meter: The V3500A is a palm-sized meter that includes a built-in display and integrated power sensor. The meter is an ideal and affordable power measurement solution for installation and maintenance environments, as well as for the R&D lab.
• N9923A FieldFox RF Vector Network Analyzer (VNA): The N9923A is the world’s most accurate handheld VNA. The FieldFox RF VNA provides the best measurement stability in the industry, 0.01 dB/degree Celsius, and offers the world’s first integrated QuickCal calibration capability available in a handheld VNA.
Agilent also will feature its new iPhone application, the Microwave Calculator. The new application, which helps calculate the errors in microwave measurements, includes a directivity error calculator, mismatch error limit calculator and ratio to dB calculator. Stop by the Agilent booth for a free copy of the application and a chance to win an Apple iPad.
Agilent’s offerings are complemented with solutions from its business partners bringing attendees the best, and most innovative solutions at IMS 2010. Agilent’s business partners will set up shop on Agilent Avenue, Booth 924.
Get access to premium content and e-newsletters by registering on the web site. You can also subscribe to Microwave Journal magazine.