- Buyers Guide
W-CDMA handset semiconductor revenue will see a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of over 10 percent between 2009 and 2014, exceeding $30 B by 2014. Overall handset semiconductor revenue will see a more moderate five-year CAGR of 2.1 percent, as semiconductor revenue for CDMA and GSM handsets declines throughout the forecast period, according to market research firm In-Stat.
The new In-Stat research found the following:
• LTE Applications/Multimedia processor revenue will exceed $400 M by 2014.
• TD-SCDMA handset semiconductor revenue is accelerating in 2010, increasing more than five-fold compared with nascent 2009 levels.
• On a regional basis, the Latin America region will see among the most significant growth in W-CDMA handset semiconductors, exceeding the Middle East & Africa (MEA) by 2011, and the North American and Eastern European regions by 2012.
The research, “Worldwide Cellular Phone Components 5-Year Forecast” (#IN1004444SI), covers the worldwide market for handsets and handset semiconductors. It includes:
• Five-year forecasts (2009–2014) for handsets, handset revenues, and handset semiconductor revenue by region and technology type (TD-SCDMA, LTE, WCDMA, CDMA, and GSM).
• 5-year attach rate forecasts (2009–2014) for phones with: Wi-Fi dual-mode; Analog TV tuners; Bluetooth; Cameras; GPS; Accelerometers; Pico projectors; and Touchscreens
• Handset semiconductor revenue forecasts by function by technology type: Digital Baseband Processor; Analog Baseband; Apps/Multimedia Processor; Memory; Radio, Power Amplifier; and Other ICs & Discretes
For a free sample of the report and more information, please contact Elaine Potter at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (480) 483-4441.
To purchase it online, please visit: www.instat.com/catalog/wcatalogue.asp?id=68.