- Buyers Guide
Agilent Technologies Inc. demonstrated a comprehensive set of test and measurement solutions for the mobile communications market at CTIA Wireless 2009, Booth 7518, Las Vegas, NV, April 1-3. Agilent's test solutions enable engineers in R&D and manufacturing, deployment and maintenance to develop and deliver innovative products for current and future demands in the rapidly evolving, cost-competitive mobile communication market.
The Agilent solutions address:
• E-EDGE (EDGE Evolution),
• 3GPP W-CDMA,
• 3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE),
• femtocell solutions, and
• Drive Test for VoIP.
"Our newest test and measurement solutions demonstrate our commitment to empower engineers to stay at the forefront of this evolving mobile-communications market," said Ron Nersesian, senior vice president and general manager of the company's Electronic Measurement Group.
Mobile Design and Development
• MIMO channel emulation and co-existence test, solved with the Agilent N5106A PXB MIMO receiver tester. The Agilent PXB MIMO receiver tester transforms complex channel emulation up to 4x2 MIMO into a calibrated and repeatable test process for R&D engineers developing BTS or mobile receivers. The Agilent PXB supports all major wireless standards, including WiMAX and LTE.
• MIMO LTE signal analysis. Agilent's advanced 89600 Series Vector Signal Analysis software and MXA signal analyzers will be featured, demonstrating low-cost, high-performance 2x2 MIMO LTE signal analysis. The analyzers enable design engineers to move forward in MIMO design and implementation, providing deep signal insight and troubleshooting, and shortening their time-to-market.
• Industry-leading mobile test solutions for HSPA+, HSDPA, E-EDGE, UMA/GAN and GPS with the Agilent 8960 Wireless Communications Test Set, as well as GO/NO GO UMTS mobile test capability from the Agilent N9360A Mobile Station Tester.
• LTE RF measurements and LTE high-definition video streaming using an LTE device simulator. The Agilent E6620A LTE wireless communications test set for LTE UE designers uses a common 3GPP-compliant LTE protocol stack to provide a portfolio of solutions across the entire R&D life cycle.
• GPS performance and functionality with a cost-effective desktop solution. Using Agilent's 8960 Cellular Communications Test Set and E4438C ESG Vector Signal Generator, it provides the ability to verify A-GPS performance on a bench top. A user can functionally validate time to first fix for the Satellite ID and C/N ratio thereby delivering a much lower cost than conformance test.
• Measurement and analysis of current drain while exercising mobile applications and network conditions with Agilent's 8960 Cellular Communications Test Set and E6703E W-CDMA/HSPA lab application.
Wireless Network Monitoring and Analysis
Agilent's new Drive Test VoIP solution allows network equipment manufacturers and wireless service providers to integrate voice-quality measurements with drive test RF data used in the optimization of wireless networks. The new solution provides end-to-end service quality measurements of SIP-based VoIP communication. The VoIP test sequence has been added to Agilent's proven drive test platform, which supports RF measurements for all established wireless technologies.
Agilent's Signal Analyzer Real Time (SART) for Femto supports standards-based and proprietary implementations of the still emerging Femto technology. Deployment of femtocells allows operators to offload traffic from outdoor macro networks to broadband-based access points within residences or offices. SART for Femto interprets, correlates and analyzes protocol signaling messages on both sides of the gateway that connects a femtocell to the serving mobile network. The solution's real-time diagnostic and troubleshooting capabilities enable users to move quickly from the lab through trials to successful deployments, scale for growth, and provide detailed historical data analysis.
Wireless Installation and Maintenance
Agilent's FieldFox RF Analyzer is the world's most integrated handheld analyzer. Its key measurements include cable and antenna test from 2 MHz to 4/6 GHz, spectrum analysis from 100 kHz to 4/6 GHz, vector network analysis, vector voltmeter and true average power measurements. FieldFox is the first and only RF tool for base station installation and maintenance (I&M) that is calibration-ready at the test port. FieldFox is rugged, compact and lightweight with test times more than 50 percent faster than I&M testers.