Rogers Corp., a supplier of high frequency laminates, will feature several high performance solutions from its family of advanced circuit materials at the 2009 Satellite show in Washington DC, March 25-27th (Booth #269).
Rogers Corp., Advanced Circuit Materials Division, will announce the launch of two new materials especially targeted to meet next generation material requirements for the aerospace and defense industry:
RT/duroid® 5880LZ Laminates
PTFE composites designed for exacting stripline and microstrip circuit applications. This ground-breaking filler system results in a low density (1.37 gm/cm3), lightweight material for high performance weight sensitive applications. The 1.96 dielectric constant of RT/duroid 5880LZ laminates is among the lowest available for any microwave PCB material. In addition, the dielectric constant is uniform from panel to panel and constant over a wide frequency range. Its low dissipation factor extends the usefulness of RT/duroid 5880LZ to Ku-band and above.
RT/duroid 6202PR High Frequency Materials
RT/duroid 6202PR high frequency circuit material is a low loss and low dielectric constant laminate offering superior electrical and mechanical properties essential in designing complex microwave structures which are electrically stable and used for planar resistor applications. Excellent dimensional stability (0.05 to 0.07 mils/inch) is achieved by the addition of limited woven glass reinforcement. This enables the manufacture of very tight tolerance planar resistors.
In addition, the following well known laminates for high performance satellite applications will be on display:
• RT/duroid 5000: Features the lowest electrical loss for reinforced PTFE; uniform electrical properties over frequency; and excellent chemical resistance.
• RT/duroid 6000: Features electrical properties; tight DK, thickness control; extremely low TCDK; and low out-gassing, ideal for space applications.
• RO3000® High Frequency Laminates: Features low dielectric loss for high frequency applications; uniform mechanical properties, ideal for multi layer board; as well as stable DK versus frequency and temperature.
• TMM® material: Features exceptionally low TCDK; a wide range of DK values; and thermoset resin for wire bonding.
• RO4000®: Features excellent electrical properties with low DK tolerance and loss; the best overall value for high frequency applications; low thermal coefficient of expansion (CTE) and excellent dimensional stability.