- Buyers Guide
Computer Simulation Technology AG (CST) announces the release of version 2009 of the electromagnetic simulation software CST STUDIO SUITE™, including its flagship product CST MICROWAVE STUDIO® (CST MWS).
Researchers and design engineers use CST STUDIO SUITE for the analysis and optimisation of EM-based components. By choosing the most appropriate solver technology, making use of sophisticated import filters, and automated optimization and parametric studies, design throughput can be significantly augmented.
Users of CST STUDIO SUITE version 2009 will benefit from numerous enhancements, including a total revision of the tetrahedral frequency domain solver’s mesh adaptation scheme, transient EM/circuit co-simulation, MPI-based parallelization for the fast solution to large problems on clusters, and the porting of the user interface to 64 bit in order to handle the increasing complexity of imported models. In addition, two new simulation tools have been added: CST PCB STUDIO™ and CST CABLE STUDIO™, which are fully integrated in CST DESIGN ENVIRONMENT™.
“Our development team has been working to anticipate the evolving simulation needs of our customers,” said Peter Thoma, managing director, R&D, CST. “Performance issues have been at the top of our agenda, and we believe that version 2009 delivers improved workflow interoperability, optimised hardware employment and increased simulation accuracy.”
Key new features in CST STUDIO SUITE 2009:
• New and enhanced solver technology
• True transient 3D EM/circuit co-simulation using LINMIC technology with CST MWS
• Transient thermal solver to simulate the heating process
• Bio-heat equation for realistic modelling of physiological cooling
• Significant performance increase in Integral Equation solver, particularly for structures smaller than 20 wavelengths
• True Geometry Adaptation. The mesh adaptation of the tetrahedral frequency domain solver not only refines the mesh, but also snaps to the geometry