DCN and Thales have finalised with the French government the agreement concerning the consolidation of their activities within the French naval defence sector.

This major step is aimed at the constitution of a consolidated European naval defence industry in which DCN and Thales will have a major role to play. Under the terms of the agreement, DCN will acquire the totality of Thales’s naval activities in France excluding its equipment activities.

Simultaneously, Thales will acquire a 25 percent stake in DCN alongside the French government, which will retain the remaining 75 percent.

Thales becomes ‘the industrial shareholding partner’ of DCN and the terms of governance will allow Thales to play an active role on the Board of Directors to support the development of DCN. There will also be the possibility for the company to increase its stake in DCN to 35 percent over the next two years.

This collaboration brings about synergies, in particular in the industrial and commercial fields as well as in upstream R&D sectors.

It will strengthen the competitiveness of DCN’s offer to its customers, including its development on the international market. This phase is operational and a new organization is being implemented by DCN, ensuring the optimal integration of the teams that will join the group.