- Buyers Guide
WORKSHOPS & COURSES
MEMS for Communications From Concept to Product
* Topics: MEMS technology and applications in communications, with specific information on CoventorWare software products and intellectual property for rapid development and integration of MEMS into products.
* Site: Fremont, CA
* Date: August 1, 2001
* Contact: Gail Massari, senior manager, marketing communications, Coventor Inc., 4001 Weston Parkway, Cary, NC 27513 (919) 854-7500 ext. 102, fax (919) 854-7501.
RF & Microwave Fundamentals
* Topics: Understand the principles of RF/microwave engineering, undertake RF measurements using power meters, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers. Introduction to noise figure and phase noise. Includes practical lab sessions.
* Site: Winnersh, UK
* Dates: August 2931, 2001
* Contact: Tracey Bull, Agilent Technologies +44 118 927 6741, fax +44 118 927 6862 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
RF Power Amplifiers, Classes A through S
Topics: A detailed explanation of the various classes of RF power amplifiers and where each class is used in today's wireless designs. Classes A through S are defined and clearly explained. Fee: $800
* Site: Lake George, NY
* Dates: September 2728, 2001
* Contact: R.A. Wood Associates, 1001 Broad St., Suite 450, Utica, NY 13501 (315) 735-4217, fax (315) 735-4328 or e-mail: RAWood@rawood.com.
Basic Antenna Concepts
* Topics: Provides a practical understanding of the fundamental principles of antennas. Mathematical explanations will be minimized, while intuitive physical explanations and laboratory demonstrations will be emphasized.
* Site: Atlanta, GA
* Dates: September 2528, 2001
* Contact: Continuing Educations, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 (4040) 385-3502.
Optoelectronics Advanced Technology Workshop
* Topics: Optoelectonics packaging, alignment, bonding and interconnect issues, signal routing and integration, optoelectronics case studies and applications, standardization issues and requirements.
* Site: Bethlehem, PA
* Dates: October 1114, 2001
* Contact: IMAPS, 611 2nd St., NE, Washington, DC 20002 (703) 758-1060 or e-mail: IMAPS@imaps.org.
W-CDMA and UMTS Systems Operation and Technology
* Topics: A clear, comprehensive presentation from the system introduction through to W-CDMA and UMTS standards, emphasizing the system issues.
* Site: Research Triangle Park, NC
* Dates: October 1719, 2001
Spectrum Analysis Measurements
* Topics: Theory of operation, understanding specifications, dynamic range, intermodulation, modulation measurements (AM, FM, pulsed RF). Includes practical lab sessions.
* Site:Winnersh, UK
* Dates:October 1819, 2001
* Contact: Tracey Bull, Agilent Technologies +44 118 927 6741, fax +44 118 927 6862 or e-mail: email@example.com. For more information visit contact.tm.agilent.com/tmo/education/English/index.html.
* Topics:Techniques and limitations of military infrared, electro-optical and laser countermeasures. Participants should have some familiarity with infrared techniques and possess a Secret level clearance.
* Site: Atlanta, GA
* Dates: November 68, 2001
* Contact: Continuing Education, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 (4040) 385-3502 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.