MEMS for Communications From Concept to Product
* Topics: The latest information on MEMS technology and applications in communications, with specific information on CoventorWare™ software products and intellectual property available from the company for rapid development and integration of MEMS into products.
* Site: Schaumburg, IL
* Date: July 12, 2001
* Contact: Gail Massari, senior manager, marketing communications, Coventor Inc., 4001 Weston Parkway, Cary, NC 27513 (919) 854-7500 ext. 102, fax (919) 854-7501.
* Topics: New testing strategies to determine the performance levels now evolving including new procedures and how to establish efficient and cost-effective test programs including the dos, don'ts and cautions.
* Site: Detroit, MI
* Date: July 18, 2001
* Contact: Suzanne Romeo, executive manager, IICIT (800) 854-4248 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Satellite Communications Payload and System Design
* Topics: Understanding design and assembly of modern satellite payloads and systems to meet the most demanding service requirements of the private and government sectors. Fee: $1295.
* Site: Los Angeles, CA
* Dates: July 1820, 2001
* Contact: UCLA Extension's Department of Engineering, Information Systems and Technical Management, Short Courses (310) 825-1047,
fax (310) 206-2815.
RF & Microwave Fundamentals
* Topics: Understand the principles of RF/microwave engineering, undertake RF measurements using power meters, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers. Introduction to noise figure and phase noise.
* Site: Winnersh, UK
* Dates: August 2931, 2001
* Contact: Tracey Bull, Agilent Technologies +44 118 927 6741, fax +44 118 927 6862.
RF Power Amplifiers, Classes A through S
* Topics: A detailed explanation of the various classes of RF power amplifiers and where each class is used in today's wireless designs. Classes A through S are defined and clearly explained. Fee: $800.
* Site: Lake George, NY
* Dates: September 2728, 2001
* Contact: R.A. Wood Associates, 1001 Broad St., Suite 450,
Utica, NY 13501 (315) 735-4217,
fax (315) 735-4328 or e-mail:
Optoelectronics Advanced Technology Workshop
* Topics: Optoelectonics packaging, alignment, bonding and interconnect issues, signal routing and integration, optoelectronics case studies and applications, standardization issues and needs.
* Site: Bethlehem, PA
* Dates: October 1114, 2001
* Contact: IMAPS, 611 2nd St., NE, Washington, DC 20002 (703) 758-1060 or e-mail: IMAPS@imaps.org.
W-CDMA and UMTS Systems Operation and Technology
* Topics: A clear, comprehensive presentation from the system introduction through to W-CDMA and UMTS standards, emphasizing the system issues.
* Site: Research Triangle Park, NC
* Dates: October 1719, 2001
* Contact: Anita Hellstrom, Organizational Effectiveness Institute (800) 683-7267, fax (301) 871-4942 or e-mail: Anita.Hellstrom@oei-edu.com. Additional information is available at www.oei-edu.com.
Spectrum Analysis Measurements
* Topics: Theory of operation, understanding specifications, dynamic range, intermodulation, modulation measurements (AM, FM, pulsed RF). Includes practical lab sessions.
* Site: Winnersh, UK
* Dates: October 1819, 2001
* Contact: Tracey Bull, Agilent Technologies +44 118 927 6741, fax +44 118 927 6862 or e-mail: email@example.com.